How to change what is shown in website link in facebook or social media

i will link an example of what people see when i link the website i am trying to figure out where can i change those details… the picture and text. adding secure note of the picture

Hi @angelofgod,

Thanks for writing in.

You can follow this link below on how to update your site’s social media result.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks but i have a seo plugin already i dont want too much plugins i fear of website crash, is there is no way to do this manualy then install yoast plugin?
and i have tried using yoast sero plugin it did changed the thumbnail picture but not the describtion :frowning:

Hey There,

Open Graph feature is built in the theme and can be enabled. You may go to X > Theme Options > Social > Open Graph. For more details, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizer-social-options/141

And for the details of how you can make use of the Yoast SEO Plugin:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi hello, that doesnt work sadly, i am attaching screenshots…
i have succeeded changing the thumbnails picture and the topic but i cant change the describtion it just doesnt change, attaching screenshots in secure note

Hi there,

The Open Graph features of the theme is limited and it contains the basic information and you will need to clear the cache and wait for the Facebook for few days to get the information.

But if you want to have more control over this you will need to use the 3rd party plugin which my colleague mentioned originally.

Thank you.

1 Like

is the 3rd party plugin is yoast plugin? because i used it in the screenshot

Hi There,

See that Response Code 503 on your screenshot? That means the Facebook debugger can not access your site. Try deactivating any security plugin or the under construction plugin and Scrape Again your site in debugger.

Cheers!

1 Like

ohhh i see! perhaps its because my website is under constructions mode with themeco “under constructions” plugin??

Hi There,

Maybe, try deactivating the under constructions plugin and scrape your site on facebook debugger again, and see if that resolves the issue.

503 is a server side issue, it could be something on server-side that is preventing the Facebook from scraping the site, please contact your hosting support regarding this 503 error.

Thanks,

Hey, i did this, i disabled the ‘under constructions’ plugin and tried to scrap again and now its error 200 code. what does that means?
adding screenshot in secure note

Hi,

Response Code 200 is not an error it means the request was fulfilled.

https://httpstatuses.com/200

So all good.

Have a nice day!

but it was not fullfilled, the describtion hasnt changed

Hi There,

Please navigate to X > Theme Options > Social > Open Graph and turn it OFF to avoid conflict with the SEO plugin. Then make sure you add the page/post description on your SEO plugin and then scrape your site on facebook debugger again.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

hey thanks for your reply, it was on off, still the same describtion. the describtion just wont change and its totaly not related to the website content

update: ok i have fixed the issue, it was because of peepso plugin who took over it!

Yup a plugin conflict, glad you sorted things out.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.