How to change hero image in skeleton mode

The hero image on my home page needs to be changed. However, Cornerstone is giving an error message saying an unidentifiable error is preventing the live preview so it is switching to skeleton mode. I do not know how to use skeleton mode and am uncomfortable following what little information seems available online.

I also need to add a bit of text, but skeleton mode concerns me here as well.

What is the problem with Cornerstone?
How do I fix the problem?
How do I make the necessary changes to my home page?

Hello Anne,

Thanks for writing in!

I see that you are using Cornerstone 2.0.6 which is incompatible with X Theme 7.0.4 that’s there on the website. Please update Cornerstone to latest version 4.0.4to avoid any compatibility issues.

Following are the resources that you can refer to update Cornerstone.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it does not solve the problem.

Cornerstone was originally set to update automatically, and I see no way to make the changes suggested in the articles referenced. What I do see are two listings for Cornerstone in the plugins - One offers the option to deactivate, but not to update. The other offers the option to delete. Attempting a manual update from the plugin list had no effect.

Is there a live chat or other option that can help more directly?

Thanks.

Hello Anne,

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately as of now we don’t offer live chat feature.

As you are using fairly old version of Cornerstone, automatic update won’t work and Cornerstone needs to be updated manually. I checked the website and see that it has Cornerstone 2.0.6.

To update you can either deactivate and delete the plugin from Plugins > Installed Plugins. Once plugin is deactivated you can visit X menu and doing so will automatically install latest version of Cornerstone plugin.

You can also manually update by uploading latest version of Cornerstone via FTP softwares like Filezilla. I suggest you to take a look at theme update guide for more detailed instructions.

Depending on your comfort you can choose either of the options. I would like to let you know that deleting Cornerstone won’t delete the pages designed using Cornerstone as the data get’s saved in database.

Thanks.

Thank you.

This is way beyond my comfort zone and it appears I will need to hire someone to handle this. I am hugely disappointed that Themeco does not offer more in the way of support.

The real question is why did Cornerstone stop updating automatically. That happened at the same time as an X Theme update. I very much suspect those are connected.

Hello @AnneWade,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As of today we providing forum support. In future we might look for more options to expand our service offerings. Having said that updating Cornerstone should not be an issue. To help you do that I have recorded a guided screencast that you can take a look at follow along.

Screencast link: https://cloudup.com/cUjAC2BFabB

Automatically Cornerstone won’t update. In WordPress Themes and Plugins functions separately. In WordPress update sections you will have to update X Theme and Cornerstone to automatically download all the necessary files. I have seen on many websites using latest version of X or Cornerstone and will have old version between X or Cornerstone. That’s where problems starts. When you are updating X or Cornerstone, one needs to make sure to update theme and builder both at the same time.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.