How to adjust the recent-posts vertical spacing or post size

Hi, I’m trying to work out how to adjust the gap spacing between recent-post tags.

We have a bunch of recent-posts tag arranged so that they sit on top of each other, e.g.

[recent_posts type="post" count="2" orientation="horizontal" offset="0" fade="true"]
[recent_posts type="post" count="2" orientation="horizontal" offset="2" fade="true"]
[recent_posts type="post" count="2" orientation="horizontal" offset="4" fade="true"]
[recent_posts type="post" count="2" orientation="horizontal" offset="6" fade="true"]

From reading your forums I have worked out that the following adjusted the horizontal gap within a recent-posts tag:

.x-recent-posts + .x-recent-posts {
    margin-top: 1% !important;
}
.x-recent-posts a {
    margin: 0 1% 0 0 !important;
}

But I’m struggling to work out how to control the vertical gap between these elements (when stacked).

Could you provide any hints?

Just incase it’s not clear, the objective is to have the same vertical gap between recent-posts as horizontal gap.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s the space where the content is, you only moved it using this CSS

.x-recent-posts-content {
    position: relative;
    display: inline-block;
    top: -150px;
    z-index: 10;
    opacity: 0;
    margin-left: 15px;
    margin-right: 15px;
    width: 95%;
}

I tried some workaround but it’s not working. If it’s position absolute then there is no defined height and they will disappear.

How about using Essential Grid and The grid plugin?

Thanks!

Thanks Rad.

Are you referring to: https://essential-addons.com/cornerstone/post-grid/ ?

The only other idea I had was whether it would be possible to make recent-posts ‘wrap’, i.e. set it’s count to 8 and set a span of 2 somehow.

All ideas and suggestions welcome

Thank you

Hi There,

We suggest you try with the following extensions:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.