How to add social media icons

hello support, how do you add social media icons for my readers to share my posts. thanks

Hey Dennis,

You can insert an Entry Share shortcode anywhere in your content for your users to share your post or page.

In case you need to display the shortcode globally or per post type, I’d recommend that you upgrade to Pro so you can build a custom header or footer and insert the shortcode there.

In X, displaying or showing the shortcode globally or per post type is not possible. You will need to use a child theme (recommended anyways) and then add an action to certain parts of the theme. For example, adding the code below in your child theme’s functions.php will display the Entry Share below all of your posts only.

add_action( 'x_after_the_content_end', 'add_entry_share' );

function add_entry_share() {

if ( is_singular( 'post' ) ) {
		echo do_shortcode('[share title="Share this Post" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]');
	}
}

Just note that though we could guide you through some simple custom coding, we do not support issues arising from the use of it and further enhancements. You can check out our Terms for more details.

Hope that helps.

Hello Christian thanks for your assistance, how do you make the icons appear in a Column on the right side of a post?

Hey There,

Upon checking your blog posts, I could see that the layout is full width right now.

To make the social icons appear on the right sidebar of posts, you need to enable the sidebar.

After that add the text widget contains the social icons shortcode to this sidebar.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, Thai. One more thing please, how do you create a Next Page Button and Previous Button On Essential Grid once the number of the Grades you want to appear on one page is met?

Hi Dennis,

Could you please try following this guide (https://www.themepunch.com/faq/create-next-previous-grid-posts/) and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Thanks Darshana i’ll follow the guide.

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.