How to add Portfolio Tags for specific Portfolio Items within body content (not sidebar)

I am posting this in Support because I’m getting no movement in the Peer to Peer forum.
I am utilizing the Portfolio for a gallery of products (non-sale, just information and cross-referencing). While I love the ability to have the Portfolio Tags in the sidebar, particularly for cross-referencing similarities between various products, I have no use for the other elements. I was hoping to customize the Portfolio’s sidebar with product-specific information but am not seeing a clear cut way to customize that sidebar without going into PHP coding, which I’m not strong at…so I decided to do away with the sidebar element by making the body part of the Portfolio item full-width, then utilize columns (I’ve activated WP Bakery for portolio items).

That said, I am still wanting to create a pseudo-sidebar with customized information. What I’m needing help with is I would still like to pull in the Portfolio Tags that I’ve listed with the specific Portfolio item, but am not understanding a way to pull in code w/in an custom HTML/CSS code box. Is there a way to do this? I see the PHP code for the original sidebar structure in the content-portfolio.php file, but don’t quite know what to do with it to place it within the body section of the Portfolio Item. (Also, for clarity, the tag cloud brings in ALL the tags every listed and that’s NOT what I’m wanting.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! We do not provide support for customizations as it would be outside the scope of the support. However I can provide you with a general guidance of how to customize portfolio items template.

First you need to create a child theme and activate it (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57). Then you can copy the following file according to your stack {Stack: Integrity, Ethos, Icon, Renew}
x/framework/views/{STACK}/content-portfolio.php

Basically you will see the following code fragment which is the right side of the portfolio items. For example this is the line where it pulls portfolio tags which you can remove (<?php x_portfolio_item_tags(); ?>)

<div class="entry-extra">
  <?php x_portfolio_item_tags(); ?>
  <?php x_portfolio_item_project_link(); ?>
  <h5><?php the_field('portfolio_item_description'); ?></h5>
 <?php x_portfolio_item_social(); ?>
</div>

I don’t understand on what information that you want to get from specific item. However you can use ACF Pro plugin to set specific information in your portfolio items page, then based on that information you can filer or display information.

For example, here’s how to create the custom field on ACF Pro

You can set the location as follows.

Then here’s how you can set information in the edit portfolio section.

Here’s how you can use display it on your template.
<h5><?php the_field('portfolio_item_description'); ?></h5>

Thanks!

Mldarshana, thank you SO very much for your reply! I’m not wanting to add to the Portfolio Item sidebar but wanting to pull the information gathered by this tag “<?php x_portfolio_item_tags(); ?>” from the Portfolio Item into the main body part of the SAME Portfolio Item page as I’ve turned off the sidebar completely.

Hi There,

You can simply add the following code x_portfolio_item_tags(); into your body template to display those information.

<div class="entry-info">
  <header class="entry-header">
    <h1 class="entry-title entry-title-portfolio"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
    <?php x_integrity_entry_meta(); ?>
  </header>
  <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' ); ?>
  <?php x_portfolio_item_tags(); ?>
</div>

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.