How to add a Link to Feature Boxes

Hello,

I tried to put Link on a whole feature box, as in this example: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/code-snippet-add-a-link-to-feature-boxes/273

Unfortunately it does not work. Did I do something wrong?

This is the Website: http://relaunch.zarling.de/

You find the Feautured Box under “Portfolio”

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, since you are using icon and not an image, on the code provided remove the img on this part: .find('.x-feature-box-graphic-inner img')

e.g.

jQuery ( function( $ ) {

$('#linked-feature-box .x-feature-box-text a:last-child').each( function() {
    $( this ).parent().parent().parent().find('.x-feature-box-graphic-inner').wrap( '<a href="' + $( this ).attr('href') + '"></a>' );
    $( this ).remove();
  } );

} );

Add the code on the Page > JS area.

Make sure to add the link URL on the HREF field, and add random text on the Link Text field.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks, it works. Is it possible to link the whole box?

Hi again,

Try replacing the previous code with the following one:

jQuery ( function( $ ) {

$('.x-feature-box').each( function() {
	var link =  $(this).find('.x-feature-box-text a').attr('href');
	if(link != undefined) {
		$( this ).wrap( '<a href="' + link + '"></a>' );
    	$(this).find('.x-feature-box-text a').remove();
	}
  });

});

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

No, it does not work.

Here is a login for you. You will find the Box in Sites/Demo: Home under the Headline “Portfolio”.

Can you explain what went wrong if you find the mistake?

Hi again,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your JS and I see you didn’t replace the code entirely that’s why it wasn’t working for you. I went ahead and replaced it with the code provided above and it’s working fine now.

Please clear your browser’s cache and check your homepage again.

Cheers!

Ok, there was a misunderstanding. Your code makes each box a link, right? I had discovered a code of one of your colleagues, which refers to an ID of a box, so that you can address each one individually. But then a code snippet would have to be used for each box, right?

But for the moment that’s enough. I just wanted to know how the code would look for every single box.

Hi,

Yes, if you are targeting an id, you will need a code snippet for each box.

Thanks

Tanks a lot, You can close this Topic.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.