How to add a full width, background image to page header section

Hi guys

I’m trying to add a full width background image to the page header section (below the menu header, above the first content section), the bit that contains the page title.

Note this is not necessary on the home page where I already have a full width image, I’m trying to add a different image to each page.

Example here: http://usairtechnology. com/rail/

In the top section that says “rail” I’d like a background image and to be able to change the colour of the text there to white.

Do I need to use custom css for this?

Many thanks in advance!
Harry

Hello Harry,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

To add image after header section and before content area, an easy to use solution would be Revolution Slider. Please walkthrough following steps:

1. Install Revolution Slider from X > Validation > Extension.
  2. After that create a new slider and add a image.
  3. To assign the slider to the page, open the page in Cornerstone editor and click on the Settings Cog icon.
  4. Under Page Settings > Slider Settings: Below Masthead > Slider select the slider.

Here’s a sample screencast that you can take a look to get started.

To learn more and explore more, please take a look at following Revolution Slider resources:

https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/slider-revolution-documentation/

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Prasant - in that case, how would I remove the section that’s currently at the top of the page, below the header?

It has the page title in there in caps and large font but if I’m adding a slider I’d like to remove it.

Many thanks again
Harry

Hey Harry,

Under Page Attributes, please choose one of the Blank Container or Blank No Container templates with Header.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks Prasant for the detailed reply and also Christian for your help, much appreciated :grinning:

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.