How to add a fixed section at top of footer in every page

Hi ,
can i add a fixed section at the top of footer to all the pages like in this sample site?

In this above footer we have section with boxes “About Us” “STUDY ABROAD” “COURSES” .
Does X have feature to add a section to all the pages above footer, or within the footer

thanks
Sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, and it’s only doable in Pro theme. You can simply add your header bar to the bottom, like this

Please check this for further information about the Pro header and footer builder.

Thanks!

Hi,
I am using X theme, where i could not find any Pro -> option.
But i am using a global block and adding it to all the pages, not sure if this is right solution.

I have another issue also, my staging site is
ncg.mobipartners.in where i want to add social media icons besides my log at the right hand side of the screen, i can see an option which adds social media icons above the logo but not besides the log where i have space for all the SM icons.

thanks
Sridhar

Hello Sridhar,

You are using X. Custom footers and custom header which you can easily have fixed sections is only possible with Pro theme.

Using Global block, yes you are in the right path since you are using X. Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

function x_print_global_block(){
	echo do_shortcode( '[your-global-block]' );
}
add_action( 'x_before_view_footer_base', 'x_print_global_block' );

[your-global-block] must be replace with the correct shortcode with something like this [cs_gb id=123] where 123 is the ID of the global block.

Hope this helps.

Hi ,

Sorry, i had written footer, but i want my SM icons besides the logo at the header.

as in this link

In this X “header” can i add the SM icons besides the logo

thanks
Sridhar

Hey Sridhar,

Regretfully, that is not possible with X without further template customization which is beyond the scope of our support.

I’d strongly recommend you upgrade to Pro to achieve more header and footer layouts on top of easy assignments as Rad has said.

If you wish to customize X, we have a general customization guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205. Just note that this requires WordPress development knowledge. If you’re not comfortable with coding, you will need to consult with a third party developer.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi,
I am a developer, i can customize this if you can help me tell which file and steps to do, from the in the link given i found that _navbar.php file should be edited to get the icons aligned right in same row as my logo, any event i should be using to get this fixed?

thanks
Sridhar

Hi Shridhar,

That’s the correct file, please add your icons then we will provide a custom CSS for this.

To make the logo bar fixed top, please add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

.x-logobar {
    position: fixed;
    width: 100%;
}

.x-navbar.x-navbar-fixed-top {
    top: 93.64px;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi,
I tried it did not work

framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global_navbar.php

My theme X->Integrity9

Added

<?php x_social_global(); ?>

in both if and else
should add with shortcode?

thanks
Sridhar

Hi Shridhar,

What Christian’s referring is we can’t really provide custom development here in the forum, and we can’t provide custom development even for developers. We could help with the existing features of the theme and builder, including its bugs and issues.

But, I tried adding <?php x_social_global(); ?> to the said file on my installation and it works. It should be added to the block condition where the logo bar code is present ( since your site has active logo bar ).

Another possible reason why it’s not working is you don’t have any social URL in Theme Options > Social

Thanks!

Hi,
THanks for the response, i am not really looking for any dev help, i have found the process of creating child theme , got my child theme working, wanted to get help as i was able to add social bar to menu nav bar but not to the logobar,

Regarding social icons links not in Theme Options ->Social, you can see 3 icons on the toobar with active SM links.

can you please share the code as you mentioned which is adding social icons to logobar?

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_brand' ); ?> <?php x_social_global(); ?>

thanks
Sridhar

Hey Sridhar,

You’re using the Stacked Header Layout so you need to make sure you’re adding the code for the Stacked layout condition like the screenshot below.

I’ve tested that too and it outputs the X Social Global below the Logo. Moving it to the right would require further custom coding and that is beyond the scope of our support.

Please understand that we could only go as far as pointing you to the right direction. Any customization from here should be your responsibility. Please see our Terms. We also do not support issues that might arise from any customization so I’d like to point that out early on.

If what I’ve pointed out still does not work on your end, please consider using Pro as the layout you need can be easily achieved and there’s no coding required for that. Achieving header layouts not offered in X is also one of the reason Pro was created. In that past, we received many header customization request and giving custom code has proven to be not sustainable and not maintainable. Most lead to a lot of back and forth because users don’t know how read and write code and we get to handle fixes and enhancements as well even it’s beyond the scope of support.

If you’re not interested with Pro but wish to achieve the header design you want to achieve, you’ll need to forward this to another developer to continue with the customization and/or fixing issues.

I hope you understand our position on this.

Thank you.

Hi,
That is the place i put the SM Bar code in the child theme _navbar.php, i tried clearing cache etc…, but it does not appear, i can place it to right if its working, does the path change with the theme we use, i am using Integrity-9

In inspect also i am not able to see this element added to _navbar.php, can you please let me know if the path is correct for Integrity-9.

thanks
Sridhar

Hi,
Upgradation to Pro probably i will go for my next customer, now i need to get this to be done in the given time & budget

thanks
Sridhar

You’re welcome, Sridhar.

thanks
Sridhar

Hey Sridhar,

The code in your screenshot looks correct. It could be that you’ve put the file in the wrong directory. I’ve reviewed your responses and saw this setup:

Unless you just had a typo in your post, the directory and filename is not correct. Please review your setup.

Integrity 9 or any demo number of the stacks does not matter because _navbar.php is global. If the template is stack specific, it could be found in the stack folder.

Thanks.

Hi,
I got this working, as i mentioned multiple times, the help says, modify _navbar.php file in path

x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global
I was adding code to this file and it didnt work

but the x-child theme has _navbar.php file in
x-child\framework\views folder, i changed this file it worked, i think this needs to be clarified in the setup of
x-child theme.

thanks
Sridhar

Thanks for providing more details. The reason then why the legacy folder setup didn’t work although it’s correct is because you probably have the views folder already existing in the framework folder. That was the old directory and X still has backwards compatibility with the old setup. It’s still best that you follow the current directory for ease of maintenance or management.

I previously thought your setup was exactly this:

Glad you’ve sorted it out. I’ll pass your feedback to the person in charge of the Knowledge Base.

Thanks.

Hi ,

Sorry it was a type error view\global_navbar.php

thanks
Sridhar