How do I update from 4.64 to the latest version when using child theme? (also cornerstone session expired question)

Hi,
I have read the section on updating and my copy is validated, but I don’t see any automatic update available. I have a child theme also. Can you please tell me how to update to the latest version from 4.64?
Thanks.

Hi,
I have manually updated to X Version: 6.1.3 and cornerstone v 3.1.3 and now cornerstone is not working correctly. I have attached an image of what I get when I try to edit with cornerstone. If I log in again as it suggests I get the same thing. I have also tried rebooting and using a different browser.

Please tell me how to get it to work correctly.
Thanks.

Hello @mk_design,

Thanks for asking.

Please try out following solutions:

1. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme and check if the issue persists.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi,
It looks like I was able to correct it on a staging site and a production site by upgrading to the latest version of WordPress and re-validating X from the cornerstone home section. Although my version of X 6.1.3 says it is validated, my cornerstone home section is still telling me I have to validate cornerstone… but it works. I tried everything I could find on the forum but none of the other suggestions got it to work.

Hi There,

We’ve released the X v6.1.5 and Cornerstone v3.1.5.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Could you please update your X theme & CS plugi to the latest version as well?

Regards!

Hi,
Yes, I have done that on the production site. I still have 6.1.3 on the staging site. On both sites cornerstone still says it needs to be validated even though I have validated it approximately twenty times between the two sites. X says it is validated. Regardless, cornerstone is working on both sites. Seems to me that cornerstone 6.x is a bit fragile and needs everything to be near perfect for it to work properly.
Thanks.

Hello There,

Can you please confirm that you have updates to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• WordPress 4.9.6
  • X theme 6.1.5
  • Cornerstone 3.1.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi
Yes, the site meets all of the above requirements and cornerstone works but still says it needs to be validated even though X is validated.
Thanks.

Hi There,

I know this does not sound right, but can you rename the x folder to lowercase x instead of capital X?

You should not be getting that panel, because you’re on X. What happening there is your Cornerstone acting as standalone (not recognizing X) and asking you for a separate validation key (which it should not, because you’re on X).

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.