How Do I Restore My Website To The Original Version After Testing New Demo Content?

I did a full website back up as well as downloaded (backed up) my Customizer settings prior to setting up Demo Content. Now I’ve decided to revert back to the original site just as it was for the time being.

I thought I knew how to restore the site back to it’s original condition but evidently not.

I’ve searched here for steps to do that, using various queries, but have not found the results I need.

Please advise the steps necessary to put things right back where they originally were.

Thanks in advance!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! If you have the database backup, file backup (if the version is different) you can follow our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply, but I’m a little confused. Perhaps I’m in a bit over my head. I don’t know what you mean by “if the version is different.”

The guide is not mentioning anything that makes sense to me. I’m not migrating files from one site to another.

My WordPress dashboard is showing that I still have all of my original pages, posts, media library, etc., but they are no longer visible on the site after setting up demo content.

My original site was built some time ago using the X-Theme, Renew Stack.

Hi There,

Migration procedure also same as restoring your backup. In your original post, you have mentioned that you took a full backup. Basically a WordPress backup includes your physical files on the server (WordPress core files, theme files, plugin files, media files such as images) and your database backup.

In your case, file backup is not necessary if you did not update your theme. You just need to restore your database backup and your site should load exactly as it was earlier.

If you can remember your earlier settings such as Homepage, Blog page and stack. You can select Homepage/Blog page through Settings -> Reading section and select your stack and other basic settings through Theme Options.

Hope that’s clear.
Thanks!

Thank you for your help.

I’m trying to restore my database backup through phpMYAdmin but it’s taking some time.

Hope this works.

Hello @ConjuringMind,

Thanks for updating the thread. You can also take a look at following tutorial. https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/phpmyadmin/import-database-using-phpmyadmin

In case you face any issues, please let us know.

Thanks.

After a few errors trying to upload the .sql file it finally worked. The error was mostly due to the fact that the file was just a bit larger than what was allowable so I called the hosting company and they made sure it worked.

Thanks again for your help. It’s quite simple actually once you know what you’re doing and what to look for.

Glad to hear that. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.