How do I download blocks

Hello. Do you remember that guy who posted that epic complaint on the FB group and broke it? And caused a massive shit storm that pulled you guys into the conversation only to get publicly humiliated in front of everyone because you hadn’t actually read the tickets? You know, the post that was at least part of the reason the group eventually closed?

That was me. This is my first time asking for support since then. I LOATH Apex, as I’m sure many others still do. And since then I have talked dozens of people out of using Xtheme for that very reason.

With that said, please actually answer this question. I will get pissed off if you half ass it like you always seem to do. Just trying to avoid the confusion I already sense coming on.

The question is simple.

I used to be able to save blocks to the “Library” or “download” them. And then I could upload them onto other pages. I do not see that option any more. I really liked that option because I could build one really great page layout and then export it (to my local computer) and import it (upload it from my local computer) to an entirely other website I was building. How do I do that now?

Acceptable answers EXclude:

• You can no longer do this. We decided for you that you’re not allowed to save your layouts offline anymore.
  • Just save it to the library and you can use it on any page of the website (obviously you didn’t read the ticket… shocker)
  • ThemeCo cares about your patronage and we will be happy to assist you as we deeply regret any inconvenience…blah blah blah
  • “Please provide login credentials for the site in question” (followed by 24 hours of silence)

Hello @mac1083,

Thanks for writing in. :slight_smile:

Global Block: Please note that Global Block is a tool that you can design an element at one place and reuse the same on multiple places under same website, if something needs to be changed then you have single source that you can make the necessary changes. I don’t recall Global Blocks having export/import feature as it was never designed in such manner. Please take a look at following KB article to learn more about Global Blocks.

I believe what you are looking for is Template Manager. You can save elements as templates and then under template manager, you have the option to export or import the elements on same website or completely different website.

To enlighten you on the template manager feature, please watch the video screencast I have recorded.

To lean more about template manager, please take a look at following KB article.

I also suggest you to keep track of our changelog everytime you update as we indicate the new changes added to X, Pro, Cornerstone and bundled plugins.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Holy crap man. You’ve still managed to miss the mark.

Please watch this Youtube video for clarification:

I was not mistaken. “I WANT TO EXPORT A BLOCK”

Hello @mac1083,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please note that the template manager is the place where you get the option to download or import templates. As you used the word block, I thought you are referring to Global Block and that’s why I explained global block concept.

However, the logic remains the same. You need to use template manager to download or import templates. And I said in previous reply, checking changelog in changelog page is a good idea to keep yourself updated with the changes.

So, to save sections or “block” as template and then reuse in same website or different website you need to click on the save template button and after that you can download the same from template manager. Here’s a screencast that you can take a look.

Thanks.

Ok that makes sense. Thank you.

Glad we could help!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.