How do I change the "Comment" label in the single page post comment section in CSS?

How do I change the “Comment” label in the single page post comment section in CSS?

Thanks

Ps. I want to change the text color from white (I know it is showing blue in the image but that is because I changed it only in Chrome dev tools) and I can’t seem to select it with any css in Wordpress?

PPS. Here’s the code that I thought would work, but it is not changing it? …

.comment-form-comment label
{
color: black;
}

Hi There,

The custom CSS seems to work fine on my end also.

Could you please provide us with your website URL so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your response. URL is: markjohnjohnson.com

I’m using the dark option on integrity and here is all my custom CSS:

/* Header */
.x-navbar {
   background-color: black;
}

.x-breadcrumb-wrap {
   box-shadow: none
}

/* Footer */
.x-colophon.top {
   background-color: black; box-shadow: none; 
}

.x-colophon.bottom {
}

.entry-wrap {
}

.entry-wrap {
  box-shadow: none;
}

.x-social-global a {
    color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6, h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a, h6 a, .h1 a, .h2 a, .h3 a, .h4 a, .h5 a, .h6 a, blockquote {
  font-family: ff-avance-pro,serif;
    font-style: normal;  
	font-weight: 100;
}

.x-root .site {
background-color: white;
}

.blog .x-root .site, .single .x-root .site {
}

.blog .entry-wrap {
}

.blog .entry-wrap {
    border-top-style: none;
    border-right-style: solid;
    border-bottom-style: solid;
    border-left-style: solid;
	border-color: lightgray;
	border-width: 1.5px;
}

.blog .entry-featured {
    border-top-style: solid;
    border-right-style: solid;
    border-bottom-style: none;
    border-left-style: solid;
	border-color: lightgray;
	border-width: 1.5px;
}

.blog .entry-wrap a {
    color: #2b99d7;
}

.single-post {
}

.single-post .entry-wrap {
}

.single-post .entry-wrap h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6, h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a, h6 a, .h1 a, .h2 a, .h3 a, .h4 a, .h5 a, .h6 a, blockquote {
	color: #2b99d7;
}

.comment-reply-title {
	color: #2b99d7
}

.comment-form-comment textarea {background-color: black; color: #fff;}

.comment-form-comment label {
}

Hi there,

To change the comment you will need to install a Child Theme and add the code below to functions.php file:

function custom_text_translate($translated) { 

$translated = str_ireplace('Comment', 'HELLO', $translated);

return $translated; 
}

add_filter('gettext', 'custom_text_translate' );

Add whatever Text you like instead of HELLO in the code above.

Please send us the exact URL of the page that contains the Comments section to follow up the color question.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher, thanks for your message. But I do not want to change the text “Comment” to anything else. I want to change it’s default colour white to something that a reader can read (as the background is white it is currently hidden).

This is my main question of my post, and all I need a response on. My Ps. note was clarifying what I wanted changed (colour) not adding an additional question.

Thanks

Hi There,

Thank you for the clarification, the custom CSS you have above works on our end.

.comment-form-comment label {
	color: red;
}

If that did not work on your end, that means a) There is a syntax error somewhere on your entire custom CSS, you can check that here. Or b) there is another CSS that is aggressively overwriting yours, you can test that by adding !important to your color value.

I did check your site but I could not find any posts/page that has the comment section, so I was not able to test it myself. If you could provide us a direct link to a posts/page that has a comment section that would be appreciated.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.