How do I add 'classic author' at bottom of all posts?

Same as the title. How do I show the Author aspect at the bottom of all posts?

What would be ideal is to show the Author aspect on posts that are * not * done in Cornerstone as well as those in Cornerstone automatically, (or whatever the X Pro equivalent of Cornerstone is).

Usage - I have an educational site. Our Authors/Teachers write posts related to the content, and many of those posts occur in the normal dashboard and are not sculpted in Cornerstone. I would simply like to showcase them automatically like the element in Cornerstone, and include that in the X Pro Child theme or the Customizer.

Note - It would also be nice to know how to put Author information at the top of the post for design options

Thank you!
(You know, I do put in search terms in the forum before I ask yet am a little confused. Is there some kind of a setting which shows the Author at the bottom of the page or does this require special handling?)

Hi,

To add author details at the bottom of all post, you can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file.

function add_author() { 
if(is_singular('post')){
   $author_id =  get_the_author_meta('ID');  
   echo do_shortcode('[author title="About the Author" author_id="'.$author_id.'"]');
}
}
add_action( 'x_before_the_content_end', 'add_author', 10 );

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Hope this helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.