How do I add a widget area in Portfolio?

HI,

To achieve that, add the code below in your child theme’s funcions.php file

add_action( 'widgets_init', 'theme_slug_widgets_init' );
function theme_slug_widgets_init() {
     register_sidebar( array(
      'name'          => __( 'Portfolio Extra', '__x__' ),
      'id'            => 'portfolio-extra',
      'description'   => __( 'Appears on posts and pages that include the sidebar.', '__x__' ),
      'before_widget' => '<div id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',
      'after_widget'  => '</div>',
      'before_title'  => '<h4 class="h-widget">',
      'after_title'   => '</h4>',
    ) );
}

Then create file content-portfolio.php in wp-content\themes\pro\framework\views\renew and add the code below into that file.

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/RENEW/CONTENT-PORTFOLIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Portfolio post output for Renew.
// =============================================================================

?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>

<?php if ( ! x_is_portfolio_item() ) : ?>

<div class="entry-featured">
      <?php x_portfolio_item_featured_content(); ?>
      <div class="entry-cover">
        <div class="entry-cover-content">
          <span><?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_portfolio_media', true ); ?></span>
          <h2 class="entry-title entry-title-portfolio">
            <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></a>
          </h2>
          <span><?php echo get_the_date( 'm.d.y' ); ?></span>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>

<?php endif; ?>

<div class="entry-wrap cf">

<?php if ( is_singular() ) : ?>

<div class="entry-info">
        <div class="entry-featured">
          <?php x_featured_portfolio( 'cropped' ); ?>
        </div>
        <header class="entry-header">
          <h1 class="entry-title entry-title-portfolio"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
          <?php x_renew_entry_meta(); ?>
        </header>
        <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' ); ?>
      </div>
      <div class="entry-extra">
        <?php if ( is_active_sidebar( 'portfolio-extra' ) ) : ?>  
            <?php dynamic_sidebar( 'portfolio-extra' ); ?>   
        <?php endif; ?>
      </div>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>
</article>

Hope this helps

Hi Paul.

Wow that’s a bit more then I know how to do; happily I have a back-up service so as I screw this up, I will be able to roll back… I’ll let you know if I get it to work.

On another note, is there a service or able coders that can do this form me/fee? And is this the appropriate place to ask this question? Keeping on my toes…

Thanks so much for your help and I’m off, John

Hi,

We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks again for the code and information. I will contact your folks and if priced reasonably, I’ll let them set it up for me.

On another note, I have a new client and I had another license for X which I am utilizing. I added the theme correctly, and everything seems cool until I clicked Conerstone. Do I have to already have a content theme installed “Education” or “Agency” launched for it to work I have added an image. - Thanks very much! - John

Hey There,

It seems that the JS and CSS theme files is not loading or have been block that is why it is not loading correctly. Please make sure it is not block or that it has been loaded on the page.

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hey, thanks RueNel…

Here you go.

Again, thanks - John

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and it seems that this issue is triggered by one of your plugins. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel, Ok will do, but I should mention that this is a brand new installation of X and I have not added any plug ins. I do see of course that plugin are there.
Should I just rename the plugin folder, or do I need to rename each plugin?

Thanks so much. John

Hi Guys - I used the WordPress Plugin area to deactivate all third party plugins and the site died a miserable death and so I killed the cloud server and now starting from scratch.

Can you guys load the template, or do I have to use the Envato $50 person - which adds another variable from somewhere in the world;-)

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

Please provide us your FTP Login In Secure Note so we can check.

Thanks

Hi Paul - here is the NEW Wordpress Site (as I mentioned I killed off the other site)

I am hoping you can install my X application properly since I have issues.

Thanks so much,

John

Hi There,

Thanks for the info!

I would like to suggest you first not to post any sensitive info like Login details and Purchase key in public. Please post it in secure note. I have edited your post above.

I have installed and activated your theme, Please go ahead and build your site.

Thanks

Hi Basanta,

Firstly let me thank you for the install - I’ll go check it out promptly…

Secondly, darn I thought it was a secure note based on the “Inline Reply” vs. the big blue button “Reply”

Sorry to be an idiot, but where is the secure note found…

thanks again,

John

The Cornerstone did not work again - it’s the same way as when I had installed… I was hoping that you would check it… I know from another reply that you are saying it may be a plugin… but isn’t this what you guys prepare us for when we license your software?

You know I love you guys and gals and in fact, I was given a Xpro for my other site, but damn if I dare mess with it;-(

So you know for my small group of clients, my approach is to hook into one of your templates and build out their site and the give them the site with your Cornerstone (and get them off my back) but what the heck I can’t even get the Cornerstone to work out-of-the-box.

Anyway please look at the attachment and thanks for your efforts.

My Best,

John

Hi John,

Sorry you’re having this much trouble, but this is really not an X Theme or Cornerstone issue. I did investigate the issue and found out that your site owns resources is blocking it.

Notice that screenshot, your site address is http://www.samiotes.com.php7-35.lan3-1.websitetestlink.com
But your resources is coming from www.samiotes.com (which is a different site, right?), so your resources (JS & CSS) would be either Blocked or Not Found, so this issue is on how your staging site is setup, with that said please contact your hosting support on how you can get around with this.

It would be better if you can use your actual URL on developing the site and not the temporary URL. Or have a staging domain where you develop your projects.

I deactivate this plugins on your site (Autoptimize, Cache Enabler, WP Asset CleanUp) because there is no point on activating this plugins in development stage. You can also deactivate those other optimizer plugin if you’re not using them. You mentioned above that you have not added any plugins in this new site, then who installed this plugins?

Did our Guys on pinnacle@theme.co has get back on you? If not, then more likely they are working on a bigger project right now and have their hands full. If this is the case you can find freelancers X and Pro developer here (but keep in mind that those Guys are freelancers there is no way that they are connected to us, If you saw someone selling our theme or any theme there, then that is a rip off. )

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Thanks so much for your review and effort… I have sent your information/description of the problem to our hosting service to see what’s up.

I did get a response, the team must be busy as they suggested I go 3rd party. - thanks again.

John

You’re most welcome, John.

Hi Folks,

I have added the steps we performed to get Cornerstone to work on and dev site. And the switch to the final URL… thank you all for the help!

Best,
John

1. Changed the website address (WordPress general settings) to the dev site.
  2. shut off plugin: root relative plugin

when switching over to the final URL www.samiotes.com

1. perform during downtime
  2. create A-record for dev site and check the site
  3. re-create A-record for www.samiotes.com
  4. if any issues turn on: root relative plugin

That’s it! Thanks so much and have a great weekend.

Best,

John

Glad to hear it’s all sorted now, John and thanks for sharing the solution.

Have a nice weekend as well!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.