How do I add a sidebar?

hey guys.

Silly question.

I can’t seem to add a sidebar to any of my pages… Am I missing something?? :neutral_face:

I’ve tried changing the template to sidebar left, content right

And I’ve created a sidebar in sidebars…

HELP!

Hi Niall,

Are you able to see a sidebar to the sidebar on the page but it just shows empty? If so, you will have to assign some widgets to the Main Sidebar in Appearance > Widgets.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

I cant even see the sidebar…

Thats my main confusion haha

Hello Niall,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I suggest you to please follow the steps mentioned in following tutorial:

In case you are still having issues with Sidebar then please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look at the setup.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Still no luck. I’ve gone through the motions but it still doesn’t seem to show the sidebar I have created…

I will attach my logins in a secure note.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Niall,

I went to your website and accessed Pro > Theme Options > Layout and Design and set the Content Layout option to:

The option I talked about should be there. Now you need to go to the other pages and set the Page Template to Blank - Container, Header, Footer or whatever Page Template that you like if you do not want to have the sidebar on the page.

Thank you.

Thanks Christopher that’s perfect! I was going into it on the page instead!

So, if I wanted just one page to have the sidebar on the right what would I have to do?

Not to worry Ive got it! :slight_smile:

Is there a way to adjust the spacing between the sidebar and the content? or even completely remove the container?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey Niall,

Regretfully, there is no option for those as they’re determined by our product designers to be visually balanced within the stack’s design.

In the future, you might be able to build your own designs as we’re planning to add a Layout Builder. You can read more about our plans in our News Archive.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.