How can I update Fontawesome version? Icons showing as rectangles

Hi there do you now why all my font awesome icons are now displaying as rectangles since the last X update? I have read other threads on this and tried clearing my cache etc but it doesnt seem to work. My website is www.thefatcrab.com

Please help!

Thanks

Hello Tariq,

Thanks for writing in!

You are having this issue because of CORS or Cross Origin Resource Sharing. To resolve this issue, please check out this thread:

Or simply this knowledge base article:

1 Like

Hey there thanks for getting back to me i followed your instructions but unfortunately it didnt help. I can see the icons on my mobile but not on my desktop.

Hi Tariq,

Your web host should either enable CORS in their server setup or they need to set up a CDN as your sub-domain. Otherwise, you will encounter broken resources not only with our theme but plugins that display icons as well because your web host does not allow resources from a CDN of another domain to be displayed.

Although our theme is affected, this is not an issue with our theme but your web host.

We wish that this issue will be resolved by your web host.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.