How Can I Update an Old X Theme to Newer One or Pro

Hello,

I got a job a few years back that ended up taking me away from my p[rivate client work. I quit that job, picked up a couple solid clients, and now want to get a few more. When i finally started touching my websites backend I realized it looked and functioned very differently than the X Theme’s i used to build their websites. I think I’m on an ancient outdated X Theme version that can’t be updated through normal means.

How can I install the newer X Theme, or Even the Pro version, without wiping out my extensions and existing work? And how can i make it so the existing work is editable in the newer versions, without requiring I start from scratch?

Any help would be majorly appreciated - https://growthgameplan.com

Thanks,

Jesse

Hello Jesse,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and can see that you are using X Theme version 4.6.4. Automatic update won’t work as it’s fairly old version and you will have to manually update X Theme. Please do following:

• To be on the safer side, setup a staging server as you are going to update from old version of X Theme to new one.
  • After that, take a look at following article and scroll down to MANUAL UPDATE section on instruction to update X Theme manually.
  • Once you have updated X Theme on staging server without any issues, you can replicate the same steps for live website.
  • If you would like to convert from X Theme to Pro Theme, please take a look at following tutorial:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.