How can I make text fly in from top of image?

Hi there,
I’ve been searching the forum for an answer, but actually I don’t know what the effect I’m looking for is called properly (Parallax? Slider? Fade?) So maybe you can give me a hint what to do.
I’d like to have a large image on top of a page, with two words kind of “flying in” from the top. Just this one image, and those two words should simply stay. Is that possible?
I’d appreciate some help, thanks :slight_smile:
Karen

Hi Karen,

I am not sure what do you exactly want to have but it seems that this is something you need to consider using the Revolution Slider to implement.

Please read their documentation as well here. The slider has many features which you need to check.

Meanwhile, you can check their free demos and see there is something you can use as a starter:

https://revolution.themepunch.com/free-slider-exchange/

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Christopher,

thanks, I checked that right away! Some templates resemble the idea I’ve got, yes. I’m only wondering: there is really nothing to slide, as I want just 1 image, with 1 headline moving in. And Rev Slider does sound huge and complicated… Would there be any “simple” solution you could think of?
Cheers
Karen

Hi @x-vision,

I still recommend the slider as you can easily control and positioning of the image and text layer. Plus, you can choose a Hero type slider, it only contains 1 slider perfect to that setup.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

that sounds good - I just had a look at Hero Slider, that’s great. So I’ll try Revolution Slider :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot!
Karen

If you need anything else please let us know.

Hello @x-vision,

Thanks for updating the thread.

On my end, slider seems to be showing up fine. Please see screenshot. https://cl.ly/1R2F2Y2N001O

Try clearing the browser cache and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Good morning Prasant,

great that you get to see what I can’t see :slight_smile: I cleared all caches, deactivated WP-caching, but still same situation: “Preview not available” and the link in “preview live” is not working.
Would you suggest to take the risk in publishing the page (with the risk of having a blank) or will the slider show up anyway in frontend?

15 minutes later, EDIT: I went on trying out things. So I changed settings in editor, to “slider below masthead”. Suddenly the slider appeared! I then deleted the “classic rev slider” element.
Is that way to proceed alright? As it is my first slider I’d appreciate a confirmation that technically everything is ok :slight_smile:
Cheers
Karen

Hi @x-vision,

Both ways should work, but yes, setting your slider to masthead is more preferred as it’s not restricted by content layout.

Thanks!

Thank you, Rad! RevSlider is activated online and working fine now. Great :slight_smile:
Cheers, Karen

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.