How can i get my Menu working in the Mobile version?

Hi there,

Somebody had hacked i website i had worked on, and ( now that things are stable ) last time i worked on it i changed something in some of the CSS files in the WP Appearance > Customize ( that brings you to the X Theme Editor )

And now the Menu is not working on the Mobile websites anymore

Can you help me get the mobile menu working again so i can bring the website up to date?

Hey Jussi,

Thanks for writing in.

I have checked your site and it seem that you have updated Cornerstone to the latest version but left X with a much older version which is causing an incompatibility issue.

Please also update X 4.6.2 that is on your site to the latest version to make sure that it is compatible with your Cornerstone version.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Hi there Jade

Thank you,

Do you know how can i upgrade the X Theme? The menu structure is different from the guide above, and only thing i can find is " Hola! Would you like to receive automatic updates and unlock premium support? Please activate your copy of WPBakery Page Builder. "

Also it is telling me i have X theme 4.6.2 in the X Addons > Installed version

How can i be sure i have the latest version of X Theme ?

edit: Apologies i see i mistook your message to mean 4.6.2 would be the latest, i see i need to install the latest version

In My X addons ( menu ) there is only:

Home
Settings
Cornerstone
Templates Global Blocks
Theme Options

( not the option stated in the Automatioc Updates > Product Validation guide where it says go to X > Validation, that does not exist for me )

Also it says i have 4.6.2 installed, when i click on the X ( Addons ) in wordpress, on the first page

edit: Apologies i see i mistook your message to mean 4.6.2 would be the latest, i see i need to install the latest version

( also i have / had cleared cache from chrome )

Apologies i see i mistook your message to mean 4.6.2 would be the latest, i see i need to install the latest version

Do you know how to do it with an X Theme with a menu structure like mine?

Hi Jussi,

The Automatic Update method will not work on the outdated version that you have. Please follow the Manual X Update Via FTP method that is provided here. You need to do that via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager.

You can download the latest version of x.zip in the APEX Dashboard.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi there,

Thank you very much

I managed to update the theme via manual method, but as i did, all the backgrounds ( parallax images, and color backgrounds ) for different areas of the main page were lost

I tested by re-renaming the directories as they were ( using the old x theme for a while ) and they came back and are present with the previous installation of the x

How can i get the backgrounds working, on the new x theme?

Hello Jussi,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I tried checking the website but I am getting 403 (Forbidden) error message. Please see screenshot. You can take a look at following resource for some possible solutions:

Thanks.

Hi there, thank you it could have been because i was switching between the old and new x themes a couple times

do you still get this?

Hi Jussi,

Yes, I still get that error on most of your pages when I navigate on the site, I do see some pages though. It looks like your site pages are built with the old Visual Composer, try turning OFF the Legacy X Integration option under WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi again,

and thank you

Do you mean the wordpress plugin caches, by the plugin cache?

Hey Jussi,

All the plugin caches (when you install caching plugins), server side caching (if your server has this feature like Varnish or Page Endurance), CDN from Content Delivery Netwrok caches and lastly your browser cache as well. It would be helping if you use private browsing mode or Incognito mode in testing your site.

Hope this helps.

okay, thank you for the explanation

and thank you for the x team for making things easier and easier to understand

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.