How can I get fontawesome 4.7 icons with theme x?

I have a problem getting fontawesome 4.7 icons to work in this theme.
I followed some tutorials but none of them worked.

Could you please assist me?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! How did you use font awesome? Did you inserted your own custom css? Please be advise that you can insert icons when you build the page in Cornerstone. Simply drag the icon element and adjust its properties and styling in the icon element settings.

Kindly let us know.

Hello,
thanks for the reply.

I also use other plugins, for example Elementor. When I want to add an icon there, fontawesome 4.7 is not found and the icon does not load.

This means, that fontawesome 4.7 is not implemented globally.

I bought the theme yesterday thinking this was possible. But if it is not possible I cannot use this theme unfortunately.

Hi there,

It’s not integrated with the existing feature of the theme or plugin. You only added it, but you can’t use it the same you’re using the icons from the theme or plugins. Example, the standard way of using font awesome is by adding class with fa-, but it’s different in X theme, the theme uses x-icon class. Hence, even if you added it, you can only use it as fa- and not as part of the theme.

Thanks!

Thanks but this does not answer my question. I would not have bought the theme when I knew before that I cannot use fontawesome 4.7

Hi there,

You can use FontAwesome 4.7 icons but you will have to use their HTML code. But before that, you will have to load the fontawesome 4.7 javascript first.

First, get the JS embed file here: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/get-started/

Once you get the link in your email, add this code in the functions.php file of your child theme:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'load_script' ); 

function load_script() {	
	wp_enqueue_script( 'fontawesome4-7', 'ADD_THE_LINK_HERE', array(), '1.0.0', true );
}

Once the library is loaded, you can simply use the fontawesome HTML in text blocks like this:

<i class="fa fa-500px" aria-hidden="true"></i>

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Tried it but not a real effect.

When adding fontaweseom 4.7 icons with page builder, it shows a flashing ! / ? (question mark and exclamation mark), see attached pictures.

Hi There,

The latest version of X (5.2.5) and Cornerstone (2.1.7) has the FontAwesome 4.7, check your X theme and Cornerstone first if it’s in the latest version, if not please update it.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

If the icon is not showing up, its either you are doing something wrong or the icon that you need is only available on FontAwesome 5.0. If it is later, please follow the guide here on how you can have FontAwesome 5.0 on your WordPress site.

Else, please clarify what you are trying to do and which icons you’re trying to use, so we can check it and see the issue first hand.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.