How Can I Amend the Default 404 Page?

Hi, hope you can help, I need to just change the word ‘bummer’ from the default 404 page but can’t find it anywhere in the system to do so! This is the only change our client wants so I don’t see the need to set up a custom 404 page if one already exists and it just needs a word changing.

Thanks!

Hi there,

You can actually create your custom 404 page.

You just need to install and enable the Custom 404 addon in X > Overview then you could set your created page as the 404 page.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi, I know I can create my own custom 404 page, it’s just literally one word though that needs to change on the default one that already exists. Can you let me know where I can find it in the system so I can change the one word please!

Thanks!

Hi There,

Simply copy the file _content-404.php which is located under (/wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/global/_content-404.php) into your child theme’s respective location (/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global/_content-404.php). Then edit it according to your requirement.

If you don’t have an active child theme, please refer to this guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57).

Hope that helps.

Ah, ok, thanks for letting me know!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.