How can I add my own side bar?

Hello -

I’m new to editing in Cornerstone, but familiar with hand coding templates for Wordpress. I am using Renew with the template: Blank: Container with Header and Footer. I tried changing to Layout - Content Left, Side Bar Right. Thing is, that just pulls in the blog links… and I am not even adding a Blog. How do I change the sidebar contents??? I just want to add containers so that I can add my own text(quotes, links to other pages, etc.) Is there a way to do this in Cornerstone?

Thanks!

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you trying to create your own sidebar without widgets? The one you see when you activate Layout - Content Left, Side Bar Right are probably widgets which can be managed at Admin > Appearance > Widgets. You can also create a custom sidebar, like this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-unlimited-sidebars/95

The sidebar contents are only manageable through added widgets and it should be that way and as part of Wordpress standard. So I’m wondering if your hardcoding is just actually adding a column with static text content and not actual sidebars. But regardless, you can do both on cornerstone. Add a column and text element and cornerstone, and add your static text on that text element, or simply add widget area element to display an actual sidebar :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ah, that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking that it might be some custom Framework method for editing those. Ok, cool. I’ve got it now. Thanks.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.