Hovering The Menu Won't Drop Down?

Hello

So, been battling this issue off and on. Not sure whats cause it, im using ethos theme and when when hovering over a custom link it sometimes doesn’t drop down to show the categories under it.

I think my cache plugin may be causing this issue, cause everytime i clear my cache it works like it should.

any suggestions?

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

There is only so much im able to do as i don’t have a child theme so have to be safe. What does Clear Style Cache do exactly will it mess up my theme design? I also don’t see this in my X menu drop down.

Hi there,

I have checked your site and the dropdown menu is displaying correctly when you hover to a menu item:

Please try to clear your browser cache too or load the site in Incognito/Private Browsing Mode.

It only happens sometimes, I just hope its not happening to others as well.

Hello There,

Your installed plugin Pirate Forms is also causing a JS error on the page. This might affect other elements on the page. When hover in and hover out several time in a parent menu item with a submenu, the submenu might not appear correctly because of the delay of the submenu. If you only do it once, it works but then as you hover in/out several times, you will encounter the issue.

If in case you want to get rid of the delay and would like to see the submenu as you hover in or out, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.desktop .menu-item>.sub-menu,
.desktop .menu-item.x-active>.sub-menu {
    display: none !important;
}

.desktop .menu-item:hover>.sub-menu {
    display: block !important;
}

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

it didn’t fix the hover menu issue for me, thanks for the suggestion though. Could my caching be causing the issue maybe? cause when i go to the X and Theme options my preview won’t work…

Update : Okay your code might have worked, think i entered the code in wrong the first time…However still haven’t fixed my other issue above to do with the website preview when in theme options.

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.