Homepage incomplete after migrating from subdomain to root

Hi, I migrated the site from a subdomain to the root directory, and the home page (which was built with Cornerstone) is no longer showing in full, and when I try to edit it in Cornerstone it shows as blank. Can you help me recover it please?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! How did you migrated your site? Please review our knowledge base article to know how you can properly migrate a site from one page to another to prevent this issue you are experiencing now.
You can check it right here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126/1

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @RueNel thanks for your reply. I migrated in the standard way but then I did also follow the instructions in that thread yesterday. Unfortunately it didn’t resolve the problem.

Hey @robins3000,

Cornerstone data is stored in the WP Post Meta Table as serialized data and your “standard way” of migration might not have included and/or supported that. This is not unique to only Cornerstone by the way. Modern plugins use serialized data as well.

When you said you followed the instructions, did you follow each and every step? Would you mind redoing the migration again and record your screen using https://www.useloom.com/. Please let us see that Cornerstone is working in your subdomain first then do the migration.

If you’ve already deleted your subdomain, regretfully, there is no solution but to rebuild your pages.

Would you also mind giving us cPanel access so we could check the database if the data is still there?

Thanks.

Yes I followed each and every every step. Nothing has been deleted but the subdomain content has been moved into a folder marked OLD. I can’t do it again right now but you are welcome to log on to cPanel and have a look for yourself, I will add details to the secure note

To clarify further, I followed the instructions in this page:

At this point the site was working in the new domain and not the old one, the old files were moved to a folder marked OLD.

After that, I followed EVERY STEP in this page:

Now I am unable to load the data in Cornerstone.

Hi There @robins3000

I have checked your folder name OLD, but I could not find any WordPress installation there (see secure note).

If you setup another test installation, we can check the issue for you.

Thanks!

sorry there is a folder called ‘new’ within OLD, it’s there

OK as time is short I’ve gone and reconstructed the original page from scratch within Page Builder, maybe I’d have more luck in future if I migrated the database first?

I see you have updated your content now.

It is the migration guide you followed that won’t work with Cornerstone. Please follow the guides in our article instead.

Thanks.

I did also follow those but perhaps should have started there

Hi @robins3000,

In that case, please use All in one migration plugin for that one, it should automatically transfer and replace URLs without harming the serialized data. Please check this https://wpshout.com/quick-guides/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.