Home Page Title Overwritten

Hi,
Only on my homepage the browser title is being overwritten as “Homepage Title”. However, the meta title is correct.

I can’t figure out what/how it’s being overwritten.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eddie

Hi Eddie,

I have tried to check the sites that are in your licenses page but both of the sites’ homepage do not have Homepage Title in the browser bar.

Is the site in question a different one? If so, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

For the meantime, please try to remove the custom codes you have added on your site and try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thank you.

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the details.

I have logged in and checked the homepage but I still cannot find where the ‘Homepage Title’ is showing up.

This is what shows on my end (see secure note).

Is it showing differently on your end? If so, kindly try to clear your cache. In case you are referring to something else, please direct us to the issue so that we can check it.

Thank you.

Hi,
Thanks for looking but I’m still seeing it after clearing browser cache on Safari & FF Dev
Safari

FF

What happens is I initially see the correct title but then it’s overwritten with “Homepage Title”.

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for clarifying. I have checked again and the issue only seems to happen when you are not logged in.

I tried to search in the admin area but the user you provided has a limited access to the site. I cannot access the JS section in the theme options and the Theme Editor area.

Kindly provide us full access so that we can check further.

If you have added any JS code on the site, kindly double check and remove them.

Hi Jade,
The user is the default admin user - not sure what extra permissions are required?

Hi Eddie,

The issue disappears once I activated the parent theme (disabling the child theme). But I checked the child theme and there is no code that could cause this (javascript related). The correct title is present when viewed on the source code and only changed by javascript, and it’s not there. So yes, this could be due to cache as well.

Please try disabling your hosting’s cache, I can’t do that since there is no cache settings or plugin within the admin.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
I deleted cache but no difference.
I’ve gone back to using the parent theme - I’ve added my GTM tags into Theme Functions file w/o causing the issue to reappear. So, I don’t think there was anything in this functions file that was causing JS to overwrite the title.

Am confused as to what was happening but I’ll keep using the parent theme - I’ll just need to remember to keep updaing GTM code in functions after updates. Not ideal.

Thanks for your help so far.

Spoke too soon! Title being rewritten again!!

Hi Eddie,

The code should not do such thing. Nothing in their will add the title. I have check it here in my end and I can’t see the issue. Login or not the issue is not there anymore. I also confirm it with @Jade and it is also clean on her end.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.