Home-page Theme editor is empty

I was going to do some edits for our home page in wordpress, so I installed a plugin called Revisionary to do it without publishing. However, the plugin was not compatible with X Theme so I disabled it and tried to edit the page, but the styling was messed up. Then I tried to revert to previous versions with no success, until I realised that the template was wrong. After I fixed the right template, I tried to edit the page with the Cornerstone/ X Theme editor but it was empty saying “Welcome to Cornerstone” as if making a new page. Any help is appreciated.

Hi There,

Did your home page look like this screenshot when you visited from the editor?

It might be your page has been edited outside of Cornerstone so the builder’s data has been erased. If you have not edited your posts outside of Cornerstone, it is possible that a third party plugin did it.

Right now, if you have a working backup of your site, you can revert to it. If not, regretfully, you will need to rebuild your posts.

Thanks.

Yes, I think that is the case, that the data was overwritten by Revisionary or by me by accident. I do have a draft page that is working fine that is exactly the same as the as the homepage is supposed to be (with cornerstone builder working and all). Is there a way to use that data to restore the CS builder data? Could you do it?

Hi There @adminsvea

You can try publishing your draft page using another page title and then you can set it as your homepage by head over to Settings -> Reading section.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note and also include the name of your draft page.

Thanks!

Hi!

I did think of replacing it with the draft page that works, however we have spent a lot of time and resources on getting good SEO on that page. Will we lose all that SEO if we replace the current site with a draft site? Will the URL change? Is there a safer way to do this maybe?

Hi @adminsvea,

If you’re using the SEO Yoast plugin, you can easily replace all the meta description for the new home page.

It would be the same. Because the new draft page is set as your home page.

Regards!

Alright, great to hear! Thanks for your support, it’s been very helpful!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.