Home page ( rev slider ) not working properly after updating other plugins

Hey guys - good morning everyone - and happy new year to all ::} - my site - was all dandy up until yesterday .
I noticed the rev slider tries to load but freezes after a second or such - and does not load at all … and also some of the home page ‘image effects’ - to make the page more fluid . .are not all working either. - So i purged all the cashes i could find but no fix . ( w3 ) and auto optimize and x style cashe -but no fix - then i deactivated the s rev plugin - and cleaned cashe - but no fix . . so i connected with server people and they tried from their end - but not fix.

Then they asked me if and or what did i do - and the only thing i know i did was to update the 4 plugins that were needing a n update.

but i can t remember exactly which plugins they were - i think 2 were woo commerce plugins and the other 2 i dont remember -
so they told me to contact my site theme support - as they do not look into anything like this - so here i am - i did the same again - and im stuck - could there some java conflict or i dont actually know. . Please help - - www.nailcrazy.com

thanks

please help - my site looks very empty without the big banner - thansk

a

Hey Andrew,

If you have tested for a plugin conflict before and found that a third party plugin was causing the conflict, please contact the plugin developer because we do not have support for third party plugins.

What we need to know here is if there is conflict with Slider Revolution and X. With that said, please do the following steps:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. I’ve read you’re using W3 Total Cache and Autoptimize, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict again. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you’re using a child theme, please switch to the parent theme.

6. If you’ve added custom CSS and JavaScript any where in your site, please temporarily remove them from your site.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

hi thanks for your heads up - i always feel better when i see your direction - so - i confirm the wp confirm has this
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

its was already there.
What im seeing how and i never really thought about it before ( i assumed all the attached plugins would be updated automatically when i see a new update for x - i thought the rest was updated as well. . . so its not the case is it. . .

so i have a lot of issues i think . . theme related . . please allow me to share and it would be cool if you could advise how to update . .

X - Custom 404: | Latest Support Version: 2.0.3 | - mine is 1.1.3
X - Disqus Comments: | Latest Supported Version: 2.0.3 ( not installed )
X - Email Forms | Latest Support Version: 2.0.3 - ( not installed )
X - Facebook Comments: | Latest Supported Version: 2.0.3 . - mine is 1.0.3 ( installed but de activated )
X - Google Analytics: | Latest Supported Version: 3.0.0 . - ( not installed but i have the direct plugin 3.0.0 ) so ok
olark not installed
X - Smooth Scroll: | Latest Supported Version: 2.0.3 - mine is v 1.0.4 ( so its old )
X - Terms of Use: | Latest Supported Version: 2.0.3 - mine is v 1.0.0
Snippet: | Latest Supported Version: 2.0.2 . - not installed i dont know what it does.
Type Kit not installed
under construction - i did not install but maybe i should haha and just leave it like that :}
X - Video Lock: | Latest Supported version: 2.0.3 . - mine is 1.1.3
X - White Label: | Latest Supported Version: 2.0.3 . - mine is 1.3.4

Woo Checkout Editor: | Latest Supported Version: 2.2.0 - not instlalled
The grid - not installed
REV SLIDER Is up to date - Revolution Slider: | Latest Supported Version: 5.4.8.1
Soliloquy is not installed
Layer Slider - not installed
Essential Grid not in stalled
Envira Gallery: not in stalled
ConvertPlus: | Latest Supported Version: 3.3.6 - not installed
Visual Composer: | Latest Supported Version: 5.6 - is installed and activated ( but i can not see as a plugin so i dont know where to get the version from )

uber menu is good
ACF Pro: | Latest Supported Version: 5.7.9 is not installed
Superfly: | Latest Supported Version: 4.5.9 is not installed ( i dont know what it does )
Cost & Estimation Forms Builder: - not installed
Modern Events Calendar - not installed
bbpress - and buddy press - not installed
Contact Form 7: | Latest Supported Version: 5.0.4 - i have 5.1.1 ( which is higher this time )
WooCommerce: | Latest Supported Version: 3.5.1 . i have 3.5.4
WPML: | Latest Supported Version: 4.0.5 ( i dont know what this is )

So i guess im at step 1 of your replay and need to get all up to date -
Please advise ;}

Thanks
a

Yes, you first need to do step 1 and themes and plugins need to be updated individually.

For the plugins that has a higher version, just check if there’s no problem. For example, Contact Form 7 usually does not conflict with the theme because there’s not much connection with it. If the new version is proven to be causing the conflict though, you’d need to downgrade. You will know this in the plugin conflict test.

Don’t worry about the plugins that are not installed in your site. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

hi i know im gonna sound like an idiot here … but eg. . .im taking the list from the top and starting with

X - Custom 404.

so i activated - and went to >x Customs 404 - enabled the plugin and updated - and its on - but still showing the old version - so now im on the x theme site - trying to find the latest verion to download but no joy. - then i tried to find it as a new plugin - but there are many but not that one - can you please advise where i have to go to find these versions to download so i can upload them to my site -

big thanks
a

or is there a thread on your apex where i can click on them
that would be cool.

That could be another caching problem in your site which is best discussed in a separate thread to avoid confusion in this thread. If you’re OK with uninstalling the plugins and reinstalling them again, you can do so uninstall them and go to X > Validation to re-install. If you want the manual install method, please see Obtaining X Extensions instruction at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62. If you have further questions regarding this, please open a separate thread.

For now, our focus should be on the Slider Revolution issue. Since it’s already up to date, please proceed with the other steps. Include all plugins (including X extensions) in the plugin conflict test.

Thanks.

hi everyone - and Christian you are super . . we got the fix. - so i managed to get into my evanto account - and downloaded the x theme - where after i unzipped on my mac found the individual plugins in the extensions folder all there.

so i was trying to try to uninstall and delete the plugins one by one - then i saw eg . .with
X - Custom 404: | Latest Support Version: 2.0.3 | - mine is 1.1.3

i deactivated it and tried to remove - but the validation was still showing - then i realised that i had another plugin called
Custom 404 - Version 2.0.3 | By Themeco

which meant to me that maybe the other one was just there showing - but not actually working so then i thought what it i try to change the others in the list - and make things worse - and maybe do more harm than good - so im thinking - i better back up the site - before i touch anything else. . .

but sure enough. . .
i saw i have quite . a few plugins trying to make google page speed happy - like auto optimze , Async JavaScript and Autoptimize CriticalCSS.com Power-Up also with w3 total cashe -
and so i just de actiaved the above - and left w3 in aciton -
and all looks good from here

Slider REvolution is working just fine - and page is loading on my mac in 3 seconds.
( im still scoring low on google page speed however ) - expecially for mobile.

Bit the site is back and im happy and hungry

so big thanks - and hope this can help anyone else with this problem

big hugs
a

You’re most welcome, Andrew!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.