Home page live preview broken

The Home page has an undefined error and I cannot see the live preview, its reverting to skeleton mode.
Changes wise all I can think of is I used the Yoast rich snippet tool to make some SEO changes to that and other pages. it has not effected any other pages just the home pages. Is there a way for me or you to fix this without loosing the page. I can still edit in Skeleton mode and save changes.

Hey,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
– FTP credentials

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Hi John

Yes gladly can you tell me how to set a reply to private I cannot see it in the tools above in the Tiny MCE style icons ?

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, you can add your login details in Secure Note.

Thanks

Hi Paul

Please help the site just went very weird on me and no its not looking good at all.

http://sds-shots-co-uk.stackstaging.com/home/

I think the .htaccess is corrupt so I renamed it anything you can do ?

Its supposed to look like this as I was just about to launch the site.

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2734668/f9d87e0ac17b0109bd8779752b76bf7e

Trying to get to other pages that have also corrupted there is some JS error here if its helpful ?

Please help I put about 30 hours work into the website. !

Hi There,

I am getting the following message when trying to view your site :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at admin@stackcp.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Please contact your hosting provider to check the logs.

Thank you

Hi

Thanks for looking at this.

I have reported the issue to the hosting company they are looking into restoring the redirect issue.

Then I can come back to you so you can look at the internal issue with Cornerstone.

Kind Regards

Matt

Sure do update us.

Thanks!

Hi

The hosting company are restoring the site for me I believe from a snapshot earlier that day.

Since the site is ready to launch on the new domain, I would like to move the site once its restored from the domain it is on to seven-deadly-sins.co.uk

The hosting company has advised I need to copy the files from the document root now to the new domains document root inc SQL and they mentioned something about changing the url in wp-config.php and probably changing all the links I would of thought, I don’t know how Wordpress handles image links if they are relative or absolute they may need updating too ?

What steps can I do to make sure the Theme X is going to work and be licensed ?

Kind Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

For the Wordpress files you can copy all the files and folders that is on the root directory of your current domain to the new domain root directory.

Regarding the SQL, please follow the Migrate Cornerstone Data from Site to Site guide provided here. Follow the instructions thoroughly.

For the wp-config.php file; Since you’ll be having a new set of database name, user and its password, after you migrate the files you’re going to change the values in:

define('DB_NAME', ' ');

define('DB_USER', ' ');

define('DB_PASSWORD', ' ');

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi

Looks like the database wp-posts table is no longer showing what was created in Cornerstone.

I have tried a database restore and database repair

What is can you help advise to get our posts back please ?

Kind Regards

Managed to restore access to the site, and figured out ithemes security was locking out.
I have disabled the plugin by renaming the better-wp-security folder to better-wp-security2.
The website looks as it did now when I first reported it, completely corrupt both front end and back end.
I’m working with the host company to see how far back we can restore it.

As you can see from this image.

The Hosting company has been excellent and helped restore to an earlier point.

The site is back to where I left it on a new placeholder url
http://sds-placheolder-co-uk.stackstaging.com/

I have deactivated all the conflicting plugins.

We now need to migrate the site to the launch url.

Cornerstone so far has not thrown an error.

For everyones benefit there I can tell you X theme + Cornerstone and some WP plugins don’t mix.
Its one of these three

itro-popup
betterwpsecurity
allinone-wp-security-and-firewall

I really don’t want anyone to go through the pain I have it took 5 days to get the site working !

Kind Regards

Hi there,

You did it! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing, this is very helpful :slight_smile:

And yes, most security feature/firewall could blocks request. You can whitelist the request but it may be blocked again if the request contains different content.

Thanks!