Hiding sections with Revolution Slider Shortcodes

Hi there

As I have a video in a hero slide on my home page, I would like to provide this video for each device with different file sizes (XL. L, M, S, XS). I added 5 sections in Pro. Each section is only showing in one size and is hidden in all other sizes. When I enter the first shordcode for der Revolution Slider, the slide appears. As soon as I enter a second shortcode in a other section, all slides are gone.

Any idea, what could help?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi there

I have noticed, that this problem only appears, when I use copys of the original slider. If I would build each slide again from scratch it would work.

But Ihave noticed, that all size-versions of the video start streaming at the same time, also these, which are in the hidden sections. In this case my website would be much bigger, rather than smaller on mobile devices…

Is there a other solution to provide a video for each device with different file sizes?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Felix,

Thank you for writing in, first when adding a Revolution Slider on the page, please use the Classic Revolution Slider element, this element will not show a preview on the content builder but ensure there will be no conflict between the slider and content builder.

Yup, that’s right, please have only one instance of the video on your page and show it to the all-screen sizes. What you can do is to optimize the video to make it lighter.

Introduction to Video Optimization for Websites

Cheers!

Hi Friech

Thank you very much, that helped me a lot. I didn’t know the Classic Revolution Slider element!

Thanks again!

You’re always welcome Felix!

For complete guide, please check our knowledge base here, our changelog here, and for tips and tricks on development, please subscribe to our youtube channel.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.