Hide / Show responsive shortcode for global blocks

Team X,

We’ve just discovered Global Blocks and are in :heart: !
We’ve created Global Block (GB) buttons and are adding them with the shortcode inside a full-width accordion - amazing! But now we’re hoping to hide these buttons on mobile screens only.

Is there a Desktop “hide” shortcode we could wrap the GB shortcodes in, within the accordion content?

Hello @DeeDesign,

Thanks for posting in!

Please be advised that you can utilize “Hide During Breakpoint” option in an element setting. You can enable it in the column or in the button element itself. To know more about this “Hide During Breakpoint” options, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Thank you, I understand about the element breakpoints. But if a global block shortcode is inside of an accordion content area or any text area is there a text shortcode to wrap that global block shortcode in to hide/show on different screens?

Is the solution to duplicate the global block button and set the element hide in that section and that would translate to where ever it’s included on the rest of the site? I don’t see the “Hide During Breakpoint” options on the Global Block section, for the button or the column.

Hello @DeeDesign,

Regretfully there isn’t any available element that you can use. What you can do is to edit your global block and then in your section or row settings, find the “Customize” tab and enable the “Hide During Breakpoint” option. You can even edit your global block and then have two rows in there. One row could be for you desktop and the other row could have a different layout with a different button element which will display exclusively for smaller screens.

Hope this make sense.

That makes sense, if I could access the “Hide During Breakpoint” option inside of the Global Block design section - but I don’t see it there, am I missing it somehow?

Hello @DeeDesign,

It is not in the Global Block element. You will need to edit the global block itself.

Hope this helps.

Got it… works perfectly!
Many thanks for your patience and guidance.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.