Hide Meta Data from custom post types (made with CPT UI)

Hello,

I made a custom post type with CPT UI and would like to hide the meta data.
Also I would like to know how to change the size of the post image.

Thanks in advance!

btw: and the option Option-Blog-Post Meta is switched off.

Hello @maheu88,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your licenses looking the site url so that I can check it. I am not sure which site is it. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thank you for your quick answer. If possible I would prefer not to provide login-credentials at this stage.
Maybe you can tell me how in X I can customize differenz post types. I didn’t find this option so far, but it should be possible according to this information here: https://theme.co/x/features/post-formats/

Hello @maheu88,

That’s fine.

By the way, Post Formats are different from custom post types. Post Formats apply to posts. It does not apply to your custom post types. I am just not sure what meta data is displaying in custom post types. In general, to hide the post meta, simply go to X > Theme Options > Blog > Content.

And the post image or the feature image will either display the full image or the cropped version if the full image is larger than your site’s content width.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Ok, got it re Post Formats. Thank you!

“In general, to hide the post meta, simply go to X > Theme Options > Blog > Content.”
That is not working. At the moment the category, the author and the date is shown.

“And the post image or the feature image will either display the full image or the cropped version if the full image is larger than your site’s content width.”
Ok, and how can I change the size of the shown picture?

Hello @maheu88,

“In general, to hide the post meta, simply go to X > Theme Options > Blog > Content.”
That is not working. At the moment the category, the author and the date is shown.

• This should work because that is the only place that you can show/hide the post meta. If this does not work in your site, you may have added a custom code that displays the post meta in your site.

“And the post image or the feature image will either display the full image or the cropped version if the full image is larger than your site’s content width.”
Ok, and how can I change the size of the shown picture?

• When inserting a featured image, you cannot change the image size. You will have to edit your image, resize it to the desired dimensions and then upload it again to your site. There is no setting to change the size of the featured image because that is automatic. The full image is displayed or a cropped version when the full image is larger than content width. This has been programmed so that the image will load faster when the original image is bigger.

Hope this helps.

Blockquote This should work because that is the only place that you can show/hide the post meta. If this does not work in your site, you may have added a custom code that displays the post meta in your site.

Well, but it doesn’t. It’s switched off and I didnt add any custom code to display the post meta.

Blockquote When inserting a featured image, you cannot change the image size. You will have to edit your image, resize it to the desired dimensions and then upload it again to your site. There is no setting to change the size of the featured image because that is automatic. The full image is displayed or a cropped version when the full image is larger than content width. This has been programmed so that the image will load faster when the original image is bigger.

Wow, that’s a pity. Can I somehow at least change the size with CSS?

Hi @maheu88,

Can you at least provide us your site url so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Where can I add a private note? I don’t find this option “secure note” as shown in the instrucitons you sent me https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Hi @maheu88,

Please take a look at this screenshot:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Ah, it’s at my own answer. Got it, thanks! And added the link.

Hi @maheu88,

Please try adding the following CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

/* remove the meta data */
.single-kandidaten_ranking .p-meta {
    display: none;
}

/* reduce the image size */

.single-kandidaten_ranking .entry-featured {
    max-width: 80%;
    margin: 0 auto 15px;;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hello,

unfortunately it doesnt work. Will provide you now with login credentials

Hi There @maheu88

I have tried to login to your site with the given credentials above, but your provided information seems to be incorrect.

ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect.

Also I don’t see the above provided CSS rules on your site’s HTML output as well. If you’re using a caching plugin, please make sure to clear all caches before testing (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

Thanks!

Sorry, there was a mistake with the pw obviously. I generated a new one.

I deleted the CSS again, because it was not working. Will add it again.

Hi @maheu88,

I’ve added the custom CSS and it’s working fine.

Could you please double check again?

Thanks.

Hello,

thank you very much, now it’s working, so obviously I added it to the wrong place. I added it to Additional CSS in the Customizer. Where did you add it? I can’t find it.

Hi There @maheu88

You need to add your custom CSS rules into X -> Theme Options

Then CSS area.

Hope that helps.

Great, thank you very much! That helps!