"hero image" effect

I have been trying for hours to get this effect on one of my pages. I can’t figure out to do it and neither can I figure out how to search for the answer. Help? Is it an element? If so, how is it configured?

I want that full image across the top of my page - just like it is there.

As always, thanks…

jesamine

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s a section with parallax background image. Please inspect your first section and add a background image, then simply toggle on the parallax option.

Thanks!

Thanks, Rad. If I click background in the section, it only gives me color options. If I add a row, then an image, I still don’t see a parallax option.

I think I just found it! Background Lower Layer…this upper and lower layer confuses me. I can play with it though. I do see the Parallax option now, but I can’t seem to figure this out:

http://realdreaminterpretation.com/dream-interpretation-sessions-2/

Hi There,

Please watch the clip Background Partial here. That should give an idea how you can utilize the upper and lower layer background. You only need one layer to be parallax.

Your background image now has the parallax effect, it’s just not noticeable because the section is too short. Try adding content/elements to the section to increase its height.

Difference Between Fixed and Parallax Background Images

If you need the section to go full width like on the showcase page, you need to set the page template to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer

screenshot

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

thanks for the reply. For some reason, this is not resonating with me. I can usually jump into a theme and figure it out, but not this one. I’ll keep trying. I will work it out eventually…

When I add rows to the section to make it expand, I can see it expand in the dashboard editor, but when I click over to the view page, the image is still just a strip across the top of the screen.

http://realdreaminterpretation.com/dream-interpretation-sessions-2/

Hi,

It’s because there is no content, the height of your section depends on it’s content.

Try to add a gap element and set size to 400px.

Now, it’s looking better! Thanks.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.