HELP! This is an emergency

If constantly having to refresh the page over and over and over to get a page to load in the pro editor wasn’t irritating enough, now today I am constantly getting the “UH OH content failed to load” message all the time. Everything is fine with server resources, nothing has changed, except that this message keeps popping up and I can’t get any work done and I need to be working! I have the latest version and all of that and there are no new plugins or conflicts. What is the deal? Last time I inquired about the pro editor not loading pages I was told to increase the memory and system resources (which I did way beyond what was asked) and it was hinted that my pages were too long - which is crazy, you have to be able to edit pages with many sections (10 sections plus 2 additional layouts for smaller screen customization = 30 sections, I would think you could do many more than that, right), and there are longer pages in my industry for sure. Using the wireframe editor is a no-go, the point of using X is the simplicity of the drag and drop editor.

My login info is attached in the next message - please check it out this is maddening!!! I should be able to load a page without problem and edit it without problem instead of constantly having to reload it, and now for the first time I’m unable to save more than a few edits before it gives me the can’t save message.

Hello @lancebarton,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear your frustration. I can confirm the issue on my end while adding section and elements on the page: https://www.advancedbiology.com/sports

Can we ask for your FTP Host/User/Pass on the secure note? This is to double check your configs and to make sure everything was set properly before we provide a report.

Thank you.

Thank you - info in attached secure note.

Hi There,

Thanks for the info!

I couldn’t replicate the issue on any page or the page you have mentioned above.
The pages are just loading fine in the editor and saving after editing.
I am not sure if you have fixed the issue on your end. Please confirm us.

Screenshot attached to a secure note.

We always recommend you to please disable or clear cache before editing the page.

Thanks

I always do clear the cache and do all of that. No, it is not resolved. How many times did you edit and save? I have to load the page over and over and over and keep clicking try again and refreshing the page to finally get it to load. This has been going on for a few months. Now, after you save a handful of times it starts not saving. Were you able to load the page without the couldn’t load message? How many times did you save in order to confirm you’re not having the same problem? Why is Jumar able to replicate the issue and you aren’t? Is he still able to replicate it? This happens regardless of the browser I use, clearing the browser cache, clearing the site, etc.

Please confirm that you can load the page without error more than once as I never can, and please confirm that after several saves (with actual changes) you have no problem. Also please confirm that Jumar doesn’t have the issue anymore. Either way, it’s still a problem on my end and the page loading problem has been going on for too long - I need a fix for this.

Hi There,

Thanks again for the update!

I am really sorry that you are facing an issue, but I don’t have any issue when I am trying to edit the page. It opens in a single try. Yes, the content loading taking bit time as there are lots of section and content may be the reason. But the content is loading fine and saves also just fine.

Please check this video on the secure note below. As I can’t replicate the issue, I would request you to create a screencast video of the issue like I have done and sent over so that Our other staff member can see and may replicate it in their end.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Hi Basanta - you realize that at the top of this thread that Jumar did replicate the issue?

Hi there,

I think it depends on the situation when it was tested. It could be due to traffic or server load. I too have same experience, I’m able to replicate the issue, then later it’s working just fine.

Are you on shared hosting? It’s varying on my end, and it could be due to performance issue especially that your host can’t handle the amount of data being processed (longer content). And that popup message will always appear when it’s too slow.

And if possible, please provide your MySQL database logs. I see a similar issue and the database is sleeping which is also related to performance when the script is unable to finish on time due to traffic and server loads.

Thanks!

I seem to be able to load the page easier, but the uh-oh it’s not saving is plaguing me now. This wasn’t an issue for a few years, but for the last week it’s been a nightmare - if I save more than 10 times or so it stops saving and I lose all of my work. This is the worst! We are hosted on a droplet at Digital Ocean where we add any resources we need and we are above and beyond what you guys have asked. This is a mess. There’s no use in doing a video as all you would see is that oh-oh message popping up when I try to save.

Update - this is a nightmare! I can’t get anything done, it stops saving every few minutes. I have execution time set to 300, mem at 512, everything on the server seems to be fine, no new plugins or conflicts, this is a disaster, I need to resolve this now please help!

I would hope that if there is a complete malfunction with X’s product or if you cannot even open the editor, that X Theme would personally call you to fix the issue within a few hours.

I’ve seen way too many posts last for weeks and the replies never get the issue resolved for the customer. It’s too serious and crucial for business owners to not have more immediate access for serious theme issues.

I’m in the same boat. I can’t edit anything. Should I just throw the theme away? I do my best to stay positive with X theme but I am always faced with issues. I’d feel a lot better if I could rely on X to fix the issue themselves, instead of going back and forth with the same replies over and over.

Thanks

Guys - I can only get one or two saves in now! I can’t get any work done! We are too leveraged in this theme to change now, I need your help. I have checked everything with our hosting, server, PHP, plugins, etc and it’s simply not working now. I am going to attach another private note telling you what to look at. URGENT!!!

Hello there,

The closest culprit I can think so far is due to the mySQL DB performance of your droplet. Can we ask Digital Ocean to optimize the mySQL queries of your database? As reference, you can share this link with them so to fast process this request:

@Selbis21: Sorry to hear your frustration. I advise you create a separate thread together with the full details of your issue. Please include the Hosting Environment details & FTP Host/User/Pass in a secure note. We will cater your support needs from there. This so we can focus on answering your issue on just one thread and to avoid confusion on replies here. Thank you for your understanding.

Let us know it goes. Thank you.

I NEED YOU TO WORK MUCH HARDER ON THIS THAN GIVING ME YOUR FIRST WILD GUESS AND A LINK TO A BARELY RELATED ARTICLE ON HOW TO OPTIMIZE A MYSQL DATABASE.

Think about what you have written. No, we cannot ask digitalocean to optimize our MySQL database as they don’t do that. The article you linked to is clearly them giving you advise on how to setup queries and things to optimize your database yourself and is very involved. Why did it work and then suddenly stop allowing saves when the server graphs the same, the database is the same, and the query speed was fine all along? Doesn’t X work on a typical wp site that isn’t even getting any traffic? What happened with PRO? Why is it so flaky?

I await your help as I am still stuck here unable to get anything done and your last response was of no use.

1 Like

Hi there,

First of all, I want to mention that I understand your frustration as you have problems to work with the builder and I want to assure you that we are here to help and do our best to find out the problem cause.

It worths to mention that we are also uncertain about this edge case, we have many many installation and customers that do not have any problem so this is something which is related to your environment.

As this is happening on the pages with lots of sections and elements the problem should be the resource-intensive case and fail of the hosting service provider to meet the requirement.

This is a two-way case, there needs to be a double check to our code and make it more efficient which our development team is already working on and the version 2.` of the Pro will have less resource intensive code base.

Having said that, it is not deprecating the fact that your hosting service provider seems to have problems handling this kind of resources.

One way to test the case to make sure it is the resource problem or not is to add the code below to the functions.php file of your Child Theme:

add_filter( 'cs_compile_element_style_templates', '__return_false' );

The code above stops the style rendering of the V2 elements in the Pro editor, so you will see the elements ugly, but all the options of the elements will work with no problem.

Would you please kindly add that piece of code and test the case and see if you can easily save the stuff or not?

That will be a good test to know about the case, If the test gets back with a positive result and you are able to save the stuff easily with no problem then we will suggest that you send us a complete backup of your website so that we can upload it in hour hosting service to compare the results.

The first item I have mentioned about the code performance increase is underway and it is not a thing that can be available for you right now and we can not give a solution at the moment, that part will be available in the release of the version 2.1 which we do not have an ETA at the moment.

Thank you.

Hi Lance,

I’m one of the lead developers for Pro and this was brought to my attention. I was taking a closer look a this and after trying to save the page MySQL crashed and this error is now on the site “Error establishing a database connection”. Can you please restart MySQL? This should get the site back up.

Christopher mentioned some performance concerns with having a large number of elements. Because MySQL crashed, I think we can rule that out. The symptoms we observed from inefficiencies in our V2 element styling were limited to slow loading times of the builder. This has been corrected for the next release.

With MySQL crashing, I believe we’re encountering a server configuration issue. I’ve actually never seen this happen before with Pro. The theme is running on thousands of sites with all kinds of different environments including Digital Ocean servers. Even on sites with rather large pages I’ve not seen MySQL crash in this manner.

As Rad requested earlier, could you please share the error logs of your server? This could help us isolate the problem a bit more. Thank you.

Thanks Alexander. I’m still desperate to get to work, so I’m hoping we are getting somewhere. In order to just rule out the server issues, I have relocated the entire site to Amazon Lightsail. I used the jetpack/vaultpress relocation, backing up the entire site and then having vaultpress install the image via SSH. Everything is perfectly duplicated, but when I select a page to edit with pro it just spins forever and never loads the page. Also my fonts somehow got messed up. Can you please take a look - maybe with a new host and you checking it out/cleaning it up we can finally get back to work. Thank you so much! Login info for the new account attached. This really is urgent…

Hi there,

Thank you for the test which is a good one to make sure the problem is not or is related to the server.

I tested the case and the error that I get on my browser console is something different and it is:

Request header field X-Requested-With is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Headers in preflight response.

I did a Google Search regarding this and it seems that the problem is related to the CORS settings of the server.

Would you please kindly contact the hosting service provider and share the information I gave and ask them to change the necessary settings in the header response to fix the error?

Thank you.

I wanted to update you - everything is working great now! For reference, the instance at DigitalOcean simply would not allow us to continue working with X Pro. Even with maximum resources allotted, they were not able to handle it. I’m eager for the next release that will hopefully resolve the time needed to load a page to edit, but until then, all good. In case anyone wants to know what we found is the best, fastest, and least expensive solution, here’s what we did:

Created an AWS account.
Created a Bitnami Wordpress stack in an instance on Lightsail.
Cloned the site to the new instance using Jetpack/Vaultpress.

After having to read a few help articles on FTP permissions, access control and so on, we are rocking. If we can do it anyone can!

Hi there,

Glad to hear you got everything and thanks for letting the workaround.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.