Help? Section Background Image not working (Solve - turn on advanced mode in preferences)

Hello, long time xtheme user, running into a glitch.

www.onedimsum.com

playing with the home page, and I create a section, try to add a background image, and there is no option for it. usually there is a ‘background image’ button… i see “background lower layer / upper layer” usually those show up when you click advanced, but now they are there, and they dont do anything. cant click them.

This is all i have tried to mess with so far. to try and fix, I went back and deactivated cornerstone and reinstalled cornerstone. same issue. I only had one restaurant menu plugin (Quick Restaurant Menu!") installed, and i went and deactivated it… nothing. I went and deactivated all other plugins, nothing. The restaurant plugin works fine on the other site i built.

Maybe this particular download of cornerstone is faulty (from themeforest 4 days ago)?

What is happening?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing in, on Content Builder/Cornerstone please see Settings > Preferences and turn On the Advanced Mode.

If you don’t see that option on your end, please navigate to PRO > Settings > User Preferences > Advanced Mode and set to Always On.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Wow, ok, i have built about 10 X sites (3 pro, 7-10 basic) and I never realized i had clicked that, or maybe i always do, and just never noticed the change. Sorry for my glitch assumption. Thank you.

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

I’m having the same issue, but turning on Advanced Mode didn’t solve it – now I’m not seeing the Background Lower Layer or Upper Layer options at all. Any ideas?

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you using CloudFlare or may have installed a caching plugin like WordFence, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache? Please keep in mind that after doing every updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

To better assist you with the issue, would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Thanks, Rue. I don’t have caching plugins activated.

I’m trying to set a background image to go in the first blank area on the homepage.

Creating a secure note with site details

Hey Sarah,

I have logged in and edited your homepage.

If you want a section background image, you must create a separate section just for your banner image. The succeeding section can contain several rows with your contents in it.

And by the way, please do not use Code Snippet element because it will only display the code and not render it. You can make use of the content area element instead.

Check out your homepage now.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.