Help needed - blank media library screen and can't use WPBakery to edit pages

Hi

I’m experiencing problems on one of my sites running X.

I’m not able to view the media library - the files are there I just get a grey screen.
I also can’t edit pages using WPBakery (VC) - I have deactivated plugins and ran various tests to see what could be happening, all to no avail.

I did get the following from a health check, which I reported to Heart Internet:

I’m getting lots of in wordpress problems and after investigation, it looks like they are all server related.

The REST API request failed due to an error.
Error: [] cURL error 56: Failure when receiving data from the peer

The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on them are not currently working as
expected.
Error encountered: (0) cURL error 56: Failure when receiving data from the peer

They replied:

Unfortunately, the error is occurring due to loop back connections not being allowed on the shared hosting platform which causes you the see cURL error the error.

I’m afraid these cannot be enabled for packages on a request basis.

These types of connections are not allowed on the shared hosting platform due to the possibility of a misconfigured script causing an infinite connection loop back to itself which will be detrimental for the platform as well as other users on it.

Most plugin and theme developer that use such loopback function has workarounds since these connections are not allowed on most shared hosting platforms.

Any help on this would be gratefully received - thank you

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for writing in! Using your health check plugin’s troubleshooting mode, I have disabled all plugins and then activated X theme, Cornerstone plugin, WPBakery Visual Composer plugin and then your Media library is started to function again.

It seems that you’re experiencing a plugin conflict. Could you please switch back to troubleshooting mode again and activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin(s) causing your issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi

I’m still experiencing problems. I’ve asked my host to update the PHP to 7.3 which they’ve now done.

My concern is that I’m being asked to update WP Bakery, but I can’t get it to update. I’m unable to edit any pages, and still unable to see the Media library

I’ve worked through the plugins and located the problem with the NextGEN Gallery plugin.

Is this a known conflict?

Hi Danielle,

The latest supported version of Visual Composer with X is 6.0.2 so if you are seeing an update that is more latest than that, you will not be able to since we did not release the update on our end. We are still doing some testing.

You can find the latest supported versions of the bundled and approved plugins here:

It would be best to get in touch with the NextGen Gallery plugin developer as it is a third party plugin which does not cover our support.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.