Help! My website is all text code?

Help! My website www.jonathanwhitecpa.com is all text code? Don’t know what went wrong. I am in my dashboard right now and I have an error on the top of the page that says:

parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home2/jpwhite/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 554

I have no idea what this means? Plus I have a notification to update to wordpress 4.9.4. I have not updated and I am on wordpress 4.6.10 running x-child theme.

Please help! Thanks,
PW

Hi there.

I have checked your site and it seems to be displaying fine:

Although on the homepage there is an essential grid code is display. That might be because the essential grid was disable in the admin area so try enabling it,

Hi Jade,

Thanks so much for replying so quickly. I just saw that the site is back up now but like you said there are a few issues. Where do I find the essential grid to display? Also on my contact page the contact form is no longer showing, just the short code.

I got it. All my plugins were deactivated I think maybe because of updates available. Should I update or will this cause more problems? For example, my slider now is not displaying correctly?

Hi there,

We do recommend to have the plugins updated to the latest version but it also depends if the plugin version is supported by the theme update.

You can check out the version compatibility info here:

Thanks Jade,
How about the wordpress update. Should I do it or will that cause problems if I don’t have time to fix now?

Hi there,

It would be best to setup a staging site which is a copy of your live site and do all the update there first as there are instances that some of the site plugins and themes would have a conflict in some major updates. That way, you will be able to see if the update would run smooth and in case not, your live site will remain intact. You may get in touch with your host about setting up a staging site.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Thank you Jade. I understand.
I have another question going but no one has answered yet, maybe you can help me here. I have another website thedentalpo.com that I am trying to work on but cornerstone seems to be frozen. I can not do anything in it. All I really need to do is add on an ex plainer video and delete one element but I am unable to select anything.

Hi there,

I have checked the other thread that you have posted and it seem to have been answered,

Kindly refer on those thread in case you respond to avoid confusion.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.