Help! My business site was stuck in maintenance mode and now isn't displaying correctly

I was updating some plugins and had to delete the .maintenance file in order to get it out of maintenance mode.

It’s now not displaying correctly.

Please view it at

Please help ASAP as this is our business site.

Thank you,

MEO

Edit: It appears that only the pages created using Visual composer are displaying the code instead of the intended display.

Hello @meoptometry,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please make sure you are running compatible version of Visual Composer? Current supported version is 5.4.5. I see that you are runing Autoptimize plugin. Can you please turn off minification feature and see how it goes.

In case issue is still there, please share website login details for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I have gotten an error message. “The plugin js_composer/js_composer.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.”

How do i restore that plugin?

Thank you,

MEO

EDIT: Found the jscomposer plugin in the download from themeforest? Can i just upload those files to the plugins folder?
Or better yet, can i just install that via the wordpress backend? Will that cause any issues?

Hello @meoptometry,

I suggest you to first completely delete Visual Composer directory and files using FTP programs like Filezilla. You need to navigate under /wp-content/plugins/. You can refer following tutorial to get started with Filezilla. https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956

After that please install Visual Composer from X > Overview > Extensions as this will install the most compatible and supported version of Visual Composer.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I installed it from the extensions in X. It installed the lastest version 5.4.5 which came up at WPBakery in the plugins section. It appears to be working now. Apparently i had an older version of VC. Is WPBakery the newer version of Visual composer?

Thank you for your help.

MEO

EDIT: for future reference… when updating plugins… can I update all of them from the wordpress update page or do i need to avoid accepting the updates for bundled plugins? Does the update page pull from the bundled plugins?

Hi There,

It was named WPBakery Visual Composer all along, but most people referred to it as Visual Composer or VC.

Basically, if the extension is bundled by X or Pro the update that will show is coming from us.

But if for some reason the extension show an update even though we did not release an update, then don’t update it. You can always refer here for the latest version that we support.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.