Help! Licence Revoke FAIL

Hi,

I have a client who purchased X Theme from Themeforrest last year.

Since then they decided to move domains and had the entire site moved. They did this without realising they had to revoke the theme or telling me. The old site is gone.

Old site hosting was on: www.sonopfarms.co.za
New Site: www.sonop.com.na

The problem is that they never registered on Apex and only validated the theme within the dashboard.

So now they have contacted me as they can’t change or update the new sites validation as they don’t have an account with Apex and can’t create one as your system doesn’t allow someone to register without a new product key. Which is why I have contacted you through my account.

Can you please help out here? Perhaps create an account for this key or if there is an account on apex associated to it let me know the domain? You will see in the hidden note the Licencee is one of the websites I have linked to a purchased theme from you guys. I have added the login details for the new site if that helps.

We obviously need to get a new Apex account sorted for them to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thom

Summary

Hey Thom,

Thanks for the information. I’ll forward this to a personnel who can manage accounts maybe he can unlock the license and by then, your client can create an account using the purchase code. Please stay tuned.

You’ve also placed the details only in a Summary which is not secure. I’ve moved it to a Secure Note but please change the WordPress Admin credentials you have posted as soon as possible for security reasons.

Thanks.

Hi Thom,

Thanks for your patience.

I’ve taken a look at the license number provided and I can see that an Apex account does exist and has that license attached to it. I don’t know whether or not the person who registered it is connected to you, or to your client, but I cannot release their information to you for privacy reasons. What I can say is that the account has more than one license in it and the account holder has logged into their account in the last few months, so it is active. You may need to have a conversation with your client to discuss who registered it.

If we receive a request from the account holder to move the license or to change the URL associated it with it, we would be happy to assist.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is there anychance you could just give me the domain name of the email address? These are all my clients but they have lost the details.

I would presume it is a redribbon.co… address.

Otherwise how can they contact the support team without an apex account(or access to it)? Can you provide me with an email address they can use to contact the team?

Many thanks,
Thom

Hey Thom,

Matt has said that the licence was registered to an Apex account. I’m sorry but we could not disclose further information about the account for security reasons.

You would need to ask your client to contact us through our Contact Form at https://theme.co/x/contact/ or email us at info@theme.co

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to me. I have asked them to mail you guys.

You’re most welcome! They can also contact us here in the form.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.