Help - front end isue

My blog page shows this error when I want to edit it “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” Could someone please let me know how I can fix this?

Thank you

Hi Heike,

Thank you for writing in, are you referring to the blog page, the page that shows the recent posts? Regretfully, you can not edit that page on any page builder. You can not edit that even on the default WordPress page editor. To edit that page you need to create or customize the Blog index page template

https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page#Custom_Blog_Posts_Index_Page_Template

Cheers!

Hi there, I dont quite understand sorry - did I change the settings? I was able to edit/customize in up until yesterday.

Can I change it back to just a normal page? What does it mean that it is an Index Page? How do I work around this? Sorry for all the questions

Hi Heike,

Sorry about that, If you were able to edit it in Cornerstone before, then it is not a Blog page.

Anyways, that error you mentioned above only appeared with any failure prior to Pro 1.2.5 and Cornerstone 2.1.5. Please update both X (5.2.5) and Cornerstone (2.1.7) to the latest version to make sure that this is not an incompatibility issue.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persist after the update, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a “secure note” so we can take a closer look.

Thank you,

the problem is still there unfortunatley.

Hi there,

There is no way you can edit a blog page, it’s not a page but a blog page, which only uses the URL of the page you assigned as a blog page.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.