Help- Cornerstone Not Working for me

Help please.

I am receiving the following message when I try to edit my pages in cornerstone:

“The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.”

To troubleshoot I have:
-I deactivated all of my plugins
-cleared caching (my browser, my admin dashboard & the style cache in X theme settings)

My Wordpress (4.9.7), Theme (6.2.1) and Plugins (before deactivating them) are all up to date. The Cornerstone version is 3.2.1.

Hello @missihassler,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

We have released an update for X Theme and Cornerstone i.e version 6.2.2 and 3.2.2 respectively. Can you please update to the latest version and see how it goes. Also please try out following solutions:

1. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  • Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later (recommended 7.2) to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thanks.

I changed my PHP memory to 512MB.

I changed the PHP to 7.1 (7.2 was not an option with Hostgator)

I can’t change my PHP max. Hostgator support told me the PHP max execution time I can have is 30 unless I get my own server (which is way more expensive).

What should I do?

Hey @missihassler,

I’ve tried basic troubleshooting that can be done in WP Admin but the issue persists. Would you mind providing us with cPanel access?

Thanks.

Yes, thank you.

Hi @missihassler

I’ve checked your website and looks like your web host is assigning PHP version 7.1 for only some sbu-directories, not for all of them, on those sub-directories, you can see .htaccess file with a rule like this:

# Use PHP71 as default
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php71 .php
<IfModule mod_suphp.c>
    suPHP_ConfigPath /opt/php71/lib
</IfModule>

For example, in /wp-content/themes/ you can’t find such a file, so this directory is still running PHP 5.4, I suggest getting in contact with your web host asking them to apply PHP version 7.1 in the whole website not only some sub-directories.

Thanks.

@Alaa,

Thank you. I called and requested this change. Hostgator applied PHP version 7.1 to my entire site like you recommended.

I’m still getting the same error message from Cornerstone. :frowning:

Any other recommendations?

Hi,

I would like to check but the wordpress admin login doesn’t work anymore.

Please activate it again so we can investigate further.

Thanks

@paul.r

Sorry about that. My login credentials were compromised and I had to change my password. I’ll update in a secure note.

Thank you for your help!

Hi there,

Something is going on with TinyMCE. It’s not loading at all on your site. I’ve installed a patched version of Cornerstone on your site that will not crash when TinyMCE isn’t detected. You won’t be able to use inline editing though.

I’ve tried disabling all the plugins and clearing the cache and TinyMCE still doesn’t load even though Cornerstone requests it. Would you mind checking with your host to see if they are blocking any scripts from loading on the front end? TinyMCE works in the dashboard but not when loaded on the front end of the site.

@alexander

Thank you so much!! I just checked and the error message that I was getting is gone.

I called Hostgator and they said that they don’t see any scripts being blocked but if you could tell me which page/where the content is being blocked, it would be easier for them to check.

Thank you so much for checking with them. I’m sorry you had to do that, I’ve seen hosts block scripts in the past so that felt like the next logical step. Meanwhile I was looking into the same issue for another customer and found the discrepancy. Inline editing is actually effected by the “Disable Rich Text” setting on your user profile. I’m looking into a way to ignore that setting just for Inline editing. A fix will be in the next release.

@alexander

Thank you for your help! :blush:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.