Headers in Ethos

Hi, I’m having a few issues in Ethos.

There is no “Blog” header on the blog page

Additionally I can’t seem to put a sidebar on the blog page similar to the Ethos 1 layout.

Thanks

Hello @sabbohat,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

• If you want to hide navigation bar in home page then please add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:
.home .x-navbar-wrap {
    display: none;
}
  • Can you please elaborate what you meant about Blog Header? If you wish to activate the post carousel then the same can be done from X > Theme Options > Ethos >Post Carousel

• You have the option to create sidebar under Appearance > Sidebar and make sure that Enable sidebar on blog index page is selected. After that you can add widgets under Appearance > Widgets. You can take a look at following screencast and article to get started.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-unlimited-sidebars/95

I have found the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar:

For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial:

Thanks.

Hi thanks for the speedy response. I mean the text that says HOME on the homepage. this is sitting right under the slider

Additionally I have created a sidebar under Sidebars and have enabled the Widgets under Blog but yet I’m still not seeing anything. I redid the steps in your screencast and the sidebar is not showing up.

Hello There,

Your blog index is set to be displayed in fullwidth. Please go to X > Theme Options > Blog and make sure that the “Layout” is set to Use Global Content Layout. Your global settings should also not be in fullwidth. In X > Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout must not be set to Fullwidth so that a sidebar will appear in your blog index or single blog posts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that! I’ve got the sidebar on the blog page. I now have a sidebar on the homepage which I don’t want. How can that be removed?

Thanks

Hi @sabbohat,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please edit your home page and change its page template to Fullwidth or Blank - No Container. They can be selected in these locations.

Or

Hope this helps.

Great this worked! Thanks so much.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.