Headers Customization and Templates with 5.2.4

What’s up with the 5.2.4 not using wp_header in the stacks, but instead a header directory in the views?

The Best Practice page still explains customization with the tried and trued (and understood) wp_header and templates. I have a site that has probably 30 of these that I need to port over from 4.4.2.

How do we do it now?

Legacy:
What triggers this legacy process? I spent hours trying to figure out that the Legacy header is triggering, even though I turned off a bunch of my code. I’m trying to upgrade an older theme to the 5. Is it triggered from the style.css?

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

If you are not using PRO Headers the standard xtheme header will use the stacks wp-header.php

The files were moved in wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers or if you are using PRO in
wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers

If you want to modify any of the files in your child theme, you just need to follow the directory path.

eg. wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/integrity/wp-header.php

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.