Header with two bars and double scroll on the side

Hello!

So, we have two bars on the header navigation bar, and we want them BOTH to stick. We changed the z-index number to see if that would help, but of course that just makes one bar go under the other when the user is scrolling. We want both bars to stay as the user is scrolling on the page.

The other issue we noticed, while the site is open in the Chrome browser (not sure if this has as anything to do with the problem) there appears to be a double scroll- one looks like is on the site itself the other is on the window.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Many thanks!!!

Best,
dbproduction

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please add this to Theme Options > CSS

body {
	overflow-x: visible;
}

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I had placed this in, but the graphic designer deleted it as he believed/assumed/guess that it was causing the site to glitch. Before I tell him this is recommended is there any other way to fix the issue. Many thanks in advanced :slight_smile:

Hi @dbproduction,

It’s the only solution, or this

html {
    overflow-x: initial;
}

Plus, I’m also getting some CSS coming from Easy registration form plugin. Perhaps it’s contributing to the glitch as well.

Thanks!

I figured it was a plugin, but having to let the team know I would have to turn off a plugin one by one, then turn them back on one by one to see where the problem was coming from, wasn’t going to be taken well. I will let them know if their two options, and I kindly thank you for your time in responding. Best to you and the team.

Thanks Again,
dbproduction

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

oh wait! Sorry, there was one more question above the double scroll bar- The header. You know how you can have two bars on the header? How can we have the bottom bar also stick with the top bar as the user is scrolling. Right now it’s just the top bar on the header that is “sticky”. The boss wants both bars to appear as if it’s “flattened” meaning they don’t have the effect of “stacking” as the user scrolls the page, but rather it just stays flat and still. Let me know if you understand my question :slight_smile:

Hey @dbproduction,

Sorry for the confusion here. You do not need custom code to solve the double scrollbar. This usually happens because the height of the content is greater than its container.

For the header sticking issues, you’ve set the bar’s Shrink value to 0. You should set it to 1 if you’re not planning to shrink the bar when it’s sticking.

Please also watch the screencasts in the secure note if it’s not clear.

Thanks.

Hi,
I don’t have a sticky header and still have the double bar.
See reefscan dot org.
Best,
M.

Hi @VisualPersist,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your site in couple of browsers and I don’t see the double bars. This usually happens due to header or footer setup, please follow https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/stuttering-on-site-no-javascript-being-used/43186/4 you can apply same settings for your Pro Header for testing.

If this doesn’t help then you can checkout for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all plugins including the Smooth Scroll extension, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

If nothing works then we’d ask you to open a new thread of your own with more details and the result of the steps above so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.