Header Spacing Issues After Theme Update

Hello you all,

There appears to be an issue with the Hero Header Template.

I updated the theme on one of my sites yesterday and noticed that all of the margins I had used around the text and objects in the headers had collapsed and all of my elements were jammed together. The problem is, it looked fine on the backend so I had to go through and add more than enough spacing to compensate … and do that on all of the header elements on 20 pages.

The front end is readable for now but I’d like to find a fix so that the backend and front display the same.

Hi There @Boans

Thanks for writing in! I see that you have plenty of X and Pro licenses, so I could not locate the site URL that you’re having this issue.

First of all, please make sure that you have fully updated by following our version information guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and then follow our update guide here if required (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

After an update, you need to clear all caches before testing your site. Please follow this resource on how to clear full cache (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

If you’re still having issues, try removing your custom CSS rules added to your site temporarily and test your issue further.

Further, you can also disable your 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone plugin to see if you’re experiencing plugin conflict. If the issue is resolved, then you can activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the issue.

In case if you have an active child theme, you also need to disable your child theme temporarily to see if your child theme customizations causing the issue.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with an example page URL of your site to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve checked all of that and we are still having an issue. I think it has something to do with some type of hidden formatting for the Hero Template but I cannot find it anywhere.

I’ve included a secure note and it would be a really big help if you could jump in and take a look at it.

You will see that when viewing the header in the editor that I had to add additional EM spacing between all of the components just to get them to not be touching each other. Please look at the main page in the Header Editor and then the live page outside of the editor to see how different the spacing is.

There is a caching plugin installed but it is not an issue - it is set to not cache for logged in users.

Hi @Boans,

May I see a screenshot of what you’re seeing from your side? I checked and it’s the same on both preview and actual page and it’s a simple header without any hero slider at all.

Thanks!

When I say “Hero” I mean that it is your Starter: Hero template that is available from your collection.

I am adding a screenshot to the secure note with a side by side comparison of the site, both live and then in the header editor. You will see that I had to add maybe 3 EM of space in the builder just to get about 1 EM of space in the live page.

This wouldn’t be a big deal if I didn’t have a bunch of sites running it and the theme updates cancelling out my extra margins.

Thanks again for the help with this.

Hi @Boans,

I checked and it looks the same on my end.
In live and in pro editor.

I also checked the hero template and the spacing seems to be similar

I can see you have w3 total cache installed. Please make sure to clear your plugin cache everytime you update the theme and cornerstone.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.