Header overlap first section on pages

Hello. Currently the header is being displayed above the first section on pages (see dev1.thumbprintbooks.ca). Is it possible to have the header overlap the first section (see www.thumbprintbooks.ca) for devices that are 1200px and up only? If not, that’s fine.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please make the header setting to fixed top and let us know how it goes.
Open Theme option -> Header

Thanks

Yes the header setting is fixed top with navbar top height of 60 px. But the header sits above the first section, not overlapping it.

Hello There,

It appears that your dev site is using Pro theme with a custom header. To have a fixed top header, please edit your custom header and set the initial position as absolute.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. It seems that the change to absolute initial position has resolved the issue on all pages except the home page. Is there something I need to do further on the home page (dev1.thumbprintbooks.ca)? (It seems there are some caching problems on the development site/web host, so if you don’t think there is something else to be done on the home page, we can see if caching resolves this discrepancy.)

Hi there,

I am not sure why this is happening on your homepage. I wonder if the homepage also uses the same header for the rest? If no you need to do the same for the homepage header.

Kindly check the cache and if it is still not reflecting the changes kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.