Header not appearing in editor

Header seems to not be working well for me. I have even tried to import template and doesn’t show the same way it appears in the template manager.

Hi Mark,

We need to be able to access the backend of the website and test the case ourselves to be able to see what is the problem cause.

Would you please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note and give us the steps we need to take to recreate the issue?

I checked the front end of the website that you set on your licenses page and I see that you are using an old version of the Pro theme. Although it should not be related to the issue, but I do encourage you to backup the website completely and update the theme to the latest version following the steps mentioned in the article below:

Thank you.

I’m trying to make header look like this:

Its two header menu with logo ion the left( logo cut off cause couldn’t get whole thing in screen shot) with a primary menu showing 3 links next to a menu accordion that drops down a second menu with three other menu tabs creating a secondary menu.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the credentials but it seems that does not have access to the header builder.

I’m a bit confuse, because below is your current header, that is the standard header.

And this, the screenshot you shown is your custom header built in the header builder right?

Did you assign that Header to a specific page, or did you not assign that header at all? See the right-side panel to assign a header to a page. Or you can make it Global header if you only have one header.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

The second menu image you posted is a image of a mockup of how the menu is suppose to look like while the first image is the actually menu.

The header I’m working on is Header2 in my dashboad. And it looks like this:

Even though added background to container, added nav menu and changed logo it didn’t change when viewing after save.

Hello Mark,

Regretfully we cannot fully check your header and its settings because the given user credentials has a very limited privileges. Please upgrade the roles and make it as an Administrator so that we can check your settings including that allow us to edit the header itself.

Thank you.

I just updated the user role now to admin

Hello Mark,

I have logged in and now I see the cause of your issue. It is because you have upload Pro theme incorrectly. You may have uploaded the wrong .zip file. You should only have a wp-content/themes/pro/ folder and not wp-content/themes/pro/pro/ which is you current set up.

To resolve, please log in to your FTP and browse to your themes folder, wp-content/themes/. Do the following:

• Please rename pro into something else like pro-old
  • Browse to the pro-old folder and you will also see pro folder.
  • Click the pro folder and drag it over to the wp-content/themes/ folder.
  • Delete the empty pro-old folder.

If the steps are a bit confusing, just simply delete the whole pro folder and reinstall Pro theme by upload the pro.zip file instead. You can get the latest copy of the pro.zip from your dashboard.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

So I just deleted theme and re uploaded updated theme from dashboard

But also now that I have updated theme, the footer has disappeared even though assigned to pages

Hello Mark,

Your homepage is displaying the default header. When I check your Pro > Headers, I am seeing Header and Header 2. The Header 2 displays:

And the Header is just empty:

Did you previously created this custom header and the contents were gone? That maybe because of the incorrect Pro theme setup. I would recommend that you just recreate your header. That would be faster way to do it than try to recover the one you created with the incorrect Pro theme setup.

Hope this makes sense.

I will try to create a new header now since updated theme files. But now that I have updated the theme files as instructed, the footer has disappeared from all the pages even though they are marked on Footer page.

So I resolved the issue with the footer, but I did have another question about the header though. I have an Inline navigation and a collapsed menu. It appears on the desktop but on mobile version it only shows the collapsed menu. Is there a way to show both menus in mobile.

Hi Mark,

That is because of the Inline Navigation is set to be hidden on mobiles (medium, small, & extra small screen sizes). See the Hide During Breakpoints options of your Inline Navigation element.

That Inline Navigation element is hidden on mobile for a reason because it gets squeeze when viewed on narrow screens.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Ok thank you for showing how to unhide navigation but in mobile the nav titles seem to cut off, is there a way to fix this?

Hi Mark,

That’s what I meant it gets squeeze when viewed on narrow screens above, regretfully there is no workaround for this, Inline navigation is not design for mobile. I suggest that you keep the Inline Navigation hidden on mobile and have another Toggle menu to hold those 3 menu-items on mobile.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Is it possible to Have the inline menu and toggle menu be in same menu when in mobile? And is there a way to make the toggle menu appear under the primary menu in desktop?

Or can you create a conditional menu to only show in mobile but show something different then in desktop version?

Hi Mark,

Yes, by utilizing the Hide During Breakpoints features. The idea is to hide the toggle menu on desktop and show inline navigation, then on the mobile view its the reverse, hide the inline navigation while showing the toggle menu.

Thanks,

Yeah I figured it out. Thank you for help and reply.