Header Inspector Window Blank

Hi

I have just upgraded to the latest version of Pro. This seems to have caused nothing but grief. . .

url is www.btmv.rest.

I have cleared the browser cache, and I have also cleared the hosting cache (flywheel).

3 Problems noted at this point:

1. The sticky header began operating very differently. Rather than a smooth transition of static to sticky - at the first instance of the page moving down there is a horrible overlay of both headers sitting on top of each other but out of line. Would very much appreciate knowing how to correct this.

2. Once I realised the above problem I tried to have a look at what might have caused the problem. I quickly discovered there are NO edit points on any of my header fields (Bar, Container Element). The space where each of the adjusting options should be is TOTALLY BLANK!

3. On the page www.btmv.rest/gallery there is a button bringing up a gallery window. Each of the pictures prior to the upgrade had the name of the picture populated next to the slide number (bottom left). The name has now disappeared and I have no idea how to bring it back.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Craig

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
As we don’t have access to your admin, can’t confirm what could be the cause of the issue.
I would like to give you few suggestion to check for a possible solution.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Please note the following:

1. Version Compatability. I am currently running Pro 2.2.5 on an automatic update. I’m unsure how this can automatically update of you are only supporting to 2.2.2. Everything else to the best of my understanding is correct.
  2. As mentioned in the first correspondence all cache’s clear.
  3. I don’t believe I am using a CDN.
  4. I have deactivated all the plugins and the problem still persists.
  5. There are no templates, CSS or Javascript on the Header.
  6. The host does not use a htaccess file.
  7. The wp memory limit has been increased from 256M to 512M.

None of these have made a difference. The edit fields in each of the header areas are still completely blank.

Will send Login Access

Hoping you can assist asap

Best regards
Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the credentials but it did not work, please check.

In the meantime, please flush your Flywheel cache one more time and put it on the Development Mode for awhile.

Thanks,

Hi
I will try clearing flush and placing in development mode.

I have also checked the login details. I am unsure if the password was correct however it is now adjusted. I have been able to log in just fine. Please use what was sent previous.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Craig

Hey Craig,

I logged in to your site and first checked your setup. Here are my answers to the points you’ve brought up in your first post.

1. Your sticky bar’s background semi-transparent. You should set it to solid (see secure note below)

2. I am not experiencing this issue. Would you mind providing a screenshot of what your seeing on your end? Also try other browsers and see if the issue persists there. Then, give us the OS and browsers you used and their version number.

3. Your gallery lightbox is powered by a third party plugin. Please contact the plugin’s support.

Thanks.

Thanks so much for your help. Problem resolved.

Seems browser was causing quite some difficulty. Also header settings that I can only assume were reset during upgrade.

Best regards.

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.