Header = Fullscreen / Content Boxed

I want to create a mixed layout with a Fullscreen Header but a boxed content like in the screenshot below:
How to achieve something like that?

Hi @felixstuermer,

Thanks for writing in.

Please go to Theme Options > Layout and Design and set the Site Max Width option to about 650 to 800.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help.
Now i have the problem to realize this in combination with Visual Composer:

In my setting i currently have a Full-Width Layout and want to use the Visual Composer for realizing a full width background in combination with a boxed content. Background should be always Full width but the content should be boxed, so i can have colored sections.

The No Container templates does not work with the native Visual Composer’s Row stretch settings because they require a boxed container. You still need the Fullwidth site layout enabled but for the page, you need to use a Blank Container template.

The result of that should be something like this:

The templates with container including the Fullwidth and Sidebar templates has a top and bottom margin from the header and footer and the container has a padding of 60px so you might need to override them in Visual Composer’s Custom CSS. See https://youtu.be/6aSrv6AmDw0

Below is the CSS to override. Apply it per page only as it will have consequences once applied site-wide. Just note that this is not a part of our support. This is just to help you get started. This setup of Visual Composer is really not recommended.

.entry-wrap {
    padding: 0 60px;
}

.x-container.offset {
    margin: 0 auto;
}

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your detailed answer and all the screenshots.
I was able to rebuild and can start now…

So one question at the end:
You told this setup of Visual Composer is not recommended - what workflow would you recommend instead in this case?

Hi Felix,

Set the Row stretch setting to default instead.

Since you’re rebuilding the page, maybe you can rebuild that in the PRO’s native Content Builder instead.

Content Builder - Introduction

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.