Header file location?

Hello, I need to add some code to the header file in my child theme. I went to Apperance/Edit but there is no sign of the header. How do I get access to the header?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

To add your code, once you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/GLOBAL/_HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Declares the DOCTYPE for the site and includes the <head>.
// =============================================================================

?>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html class="no-js" <?php language_attributes(); ?>>

<head>
  <?php wp_head(); ?>
</head>

<body <?php body_class(); ?>>

<div id="x-root" class="x-root">

<?php do_action( 'x_before_site_begin' ); ?>

<div id="top" class="site">

<?php do_action( 'x_after_site_begin' ); ?>

Do not forget to add your custom code in between the <head></head> tags.

3] Save the file named as _header.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/.

You will need to create the folder path since it does not exist in the child theme yet.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.