Header builder burger menu image

DISPLAY PROBLEM.

The graphic image for the burger menu does not display properly on Google Chrome on my MacBook Pro. I just can’t use the header feature at all if this graphical menu is problematic.

PLEASE HELP.

Susan
notes@sbcpiano.com

Hi Susan ,

I checked and can see you are using an old version of the theme.

Please update your theme to latest version and see if that fixes the issue.

Latest Version - Pro 2.4.6

Remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks

Thank you for your quick reply. Will try this now and let you know. ;-] Susan

Hello,
Where do I get the upgrade? I downloaded the zip file from the Apex, but it is an entire new package and the upload failed. Do I need to delete the X Pro that is there? Will I lose my work?

Regards,
Susan

I’ve uploaded new theme version and adding child theme, removed cache from chrome and website )SG Optimizer.

I worry I downloaded regular X thinking that it was pro (from Apex). I later got an e-mail that the Pro conversion was available and downloaded that. It’s only the hamburger type menus, but I can’t launch if it looks distorted on Chrome on my MacBook Pro.

Regards,
Susan

Hello Susan,

You can go to Dashboard > Updates and see if there are any updates available. If you cannot update it, you must do the updates manually. Please see “Manual Updates” section in this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

I have checked your licenses and the site urls that were assigned to it. I am not sure which one has the issue. To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. If you do not want to share the url publicly, you can create a secure note and add the url in the secure note instead. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

I’d like to send you my website url and login info securely. Remember that the problem occurs on my Macbook Pro Chrome browser, and a friend has a PC and has the same problem with chrome.

Thank you!

Hi Susan,

I checked in PC Chrome and macbook Air Chrome and the icon seems to be showing up just fine.

Can you try clearing your browser cache or try to check in incognito mode.

Thanks

1 Like

So glad to hear that. I’ve cleared cookies and all browsing data, exited Chrome and started up again. I’ll reboot to see if that helps. But I’ll assume it’s our cache from the old version.

SUCCESS!!! Many thanks for your time. I went in through my host and it looks fine now.

Have a good day!

Susan

Hi again,

We’re glad it worked now. Just for future reference If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services while you’re developing your site to see the changes right away.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.